Fly Fusion Forums

First Trip With Pontoon Boat

Hey guys, I finally got to take my new pontoon boat out and see how it works.

I went to Winchell lake to avoid crowds while I rowed around in circles.

It went pretty well, the wind was a bit of a problem but managed to work around it.

I didn't drop anything overboard and even manage to catch a small rainbow while I was getting pushed around by the wind.

I think I need flippers and maybe an anchor.

Here's a couple of pics.

pontoon2.jpg

pontoonboat1.jpg

Guest tallieho

thing of beauty,congradlations & a nice fish .infact that's an extremely good sized fish ,when you consider they weren't stocked until june this year.any algae ??.thanks

Ahh yes...the maiden voyage. Good for you for trying stillwaters first. I tried mine for the very first time on the Bow just shy of runoff finishing. The words "gong show" are very appropriate to describe what went on. That day I hooked into the biggest rainbow I've seen on the end of my line to this day and the swirling frenzy that was my pontoon boat caused a whirlpool so strong that I lost the fish to the vortex. Get yourself some good force fins and definitely an anchor (a pyramid one) and you're good to go. Nice fish BTW!