Fly Fusion Forums

Solar Panels

I'm curious if anyone out there has purchased or used one of the Coleman Solar Panels for recharging your RV, ATV, or Marine battery. I want to know if they are reliable, do as advertised etc.

I know I can buy the Cadillac of Solar Panel Rechargable packages at any RV dealer for $1100.00, but being the cheapskate that I am, if I can get away with paying under $200 I would rather do that. Leaves me more cash for gear and beer.

I have a basic trailer, don't use much in the way of power, but if I'm going for a long weekend or week long trip, I want to make sure my lights and water pump will work when I need them to.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/ comments/ suggestions.

Regards,

Bartfly

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i would go for the latgest set up that they have at Canadian Tire. It is about 2x3.5' and is just over or under $200 so it is in your price range and will put out more then enough power and it is all ways better to have more FREE power then less. I think it puts out around 15V but i have not looked at them for a while so i might be wrong on the output.

hope this helps

i got 2 of the small square ones i think they are .5 amp i have for each battery in my trailer and they keep them charged up for the weekend easy also have a .2amp for the boat and its always charged up for the weekend i also have a generator if need power to run coffee maker or air con or the kids want to watch tv lol the good thing about them when you are not using your trailer the batties are always getting charged up they work good