Fly Fusion Forums

The Youth Team Need Your Help!!!!

Hello Western Canada,

The youth team needs your help!!! Were trying to get to the 8th YWFFC in the east Bohemian region of the Czech republic this summer. The competition dates are from the 21st of july to the 27th.

Our team member are:

Colin Huff from Chelsea, Quebec

David Nonomura from Missasauga, Ontario

Michael Lennox Ottawa, Ontario

John Bransfield(Captain) Calgary, Alberta

Simon Wells Ottawa, Ontario

Bob Sheedy(Coach) Manitoba

Jack Simpson(Manager) Cobourg, Ontario

So heres the deal we need to raise funds for food, transportation, equipment, and a place to stay. Fly Fishing Canada is graciously looking after our competition registration but costs are still pretty expensive. We each need to raise about 2500 dollars for our flights and costs mentioned previously.

So I am offering a day of one on one instruction with YOU to show you the fine art of Czech Nymphing(my specialty) and learn to fish small rivers like you never had before.

Im looking to sell tickets to raffle off for a day with myself, I will draw one random name and which entails day with me on a mountain stream or spring creek your choice after runoff.

If I get enough people buying tickets I will draw a second name, but this is dependent upon the number of people.

The draw will be on May 15 , tickets will be $25, this is resonable as I usually charge $150 per person in my clinics. My clinics always have me teaching 5 people at a time so this is a great deal.

I will bring a glorious lunch of my specialty chicken sandwiches on french bread, your choice a brew or two with lunch or soft drinks :sunny:

I will be teaching you:

-Czech and Polish Nymphing

-Leader setup for recreational use of the two

-Properly weighted three-fly systems without using splitshot or swivels

-The importance of stealth using this short-line method

-Strike detection without and indicator

-How to read and fish water effectively using the short line methods

I will provide:

-Flies

-Lunch

-Rods and reels specifically for Czech and Polish Nymping

-A grand day on the water of Laughs and Learning

So if you wish to purchase a ticket post so and send 25 dollars to

4693 20th street sw, Calgary, Alberta T2T 6G4

On a second note we are looking for someone with web-design skills to help us create a website If you are capable and willing to donate your time to help us with this please PM me. In return I would gladly take you out on the water for a day and show you a few tricks.

If you would like to find out more about us fly fishing canada website has a little bit but its a bit outdated www.flyfishingcanada.net or pick up a copy of the Canadian Fly Fisher Magazine it has an article on our recent successes at the 2008 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships last fall.

If you would simply like to Donate money to the team you can Contact me through the board, or even someone at FFC through there website.

ALL proceeds will be compiled to subsidize the total cost for the all of the youth team members not just myself.

Thanks everyone

John Bransfield Captain of the Canadian National Youth Fly Fishing Team

Hello Western Canada,

The youth team needs your help!!! Were trying to get to the 8th YWFFC in the east Bohemian region of the Czech republic this summer. The competition dates are from the 21st of july to the 27th.

Our team member are:

Colin Huff from Chelsea, Quebec

David Nonomura from Missasauga, Ontario

Michael Lennox Ottawa, Ontario

John Bransfield(Captain) Calgary, Alberta

Simon Wells Ottawa, Ontario

Bob Sheedy(Coach) Manitoba

Jack Simpson(Manager) Cobourg, Ontario

So heres the deal we need to raise funds for food, transportation, equipment, and a place to stay. Fly Fishing Canada is graciously looking after our competition registration but costs are still pretty expensive. We each need to raise about 2500 dollars for our flights and costs mentioned previously.

So I am offering a day of one on one instruction with YOU to show you the fine art of Czech Nymphing(my specialty) and learn to fish small rivers like you never had before.

Im looking to sell tickets to raffle off for a day with myself, I will draw one random name and which entails day with me on a mountain stream or spring creek your choice after runoff.

If I get enough people buying tickets I will draw a second name, but this is dependent upon the number of people.

The draw will be on may first, tickets will be $25, this is resonable as I usually charge $150 per person in my clinics. My clinics always have me teaching 5 people at a time so this is a great deal.

I will bring a glorious lunch of my specialty chicken sandwiches on french bread, your choice a brew or two with lunch or soft drinks :sunny:

I will be teaching you:

-Czech and Polish Nymphing

-Leader setup for recreational use of the two

-Properly weighted three-fly systems without using splitshot or swivels

-The importance of stealth using this short-line method

-Strike detection without and indicator

-How to read and fish water effectively using the short line methods

I will provide:

-Flies

-Lunch

-Rods and reels specifically for Czech and Polish Nymping

-A grand day on the water of Laughs and Learning

So if you wish to purchase a ticket post so and send 25 dollars to

4693 20th street sw, Calgary, Alberta T2T 6G4

On a second note we are looking for someone with web-design skills to help us create a website If you are capable and willing to donate your time to help us with this please PM me. In return I would gladly take you out on the water for a day and show you a few tricks.

If you would like to find out more about us fly fishing canada website has a little bit but its a bit outdated www.flyfishingcanada.net or pick up a copy of the Canadian Fly Fisher Magazine it has an article on our recent successes at the 2008 Canadian National Fly Fishing Championships last fall.

If you would simply like to Donate money to the team you can Contact me through the board, or even someone at FFC through there website.

ALL proceeds will be compiled to subsidize the total cost for the all of the youth team members not just myself.

Thanks everyone

John Bransfield Captain of the Canadian National Youth Fly Fishing Team

i will be sending $50 for 2 tickets early next week.

If there is anything else i can do to help out, please let me know.

Rick Passek

I will be down for the first weekend at the very least instructing prospective youth interested in joining the team with Bob. I might be competing but it looks doubtful at the moment.

You guys are going to have a blast, and I think that there will be some big number pulled out down there which will make for a fun competition.

Jason Baxter here,I fished with you on a lake session at last years nationals i would like to buy two tickets to help out so let me know where to pay. i am taking a team from calgary down to fernie this year so i hope to see you there as well. Let me know if there is any other way to help out.

Hey Jason! I remember that session well, you slammed that big brookie in the back bay!!

You can send it to my place at 4693 20th street sw, calgary, alberta t2t 6g4.

I'll put you down for two!! Thanks for helping out man we all really appreciate it. Look forward to seeing you down there if, not sooner around town!

If you like you or anyone who reads this can join our page on facebook, we'll be able to keep you all up to date on the latest news, competition updates, and were the teams at with fundraising

go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canadian-You...eam/76809287188

hey man that was some ugly brookie but better than getting blanked on that lake, you kicked some ass on that session man including mine. i should get you to take me out on a still water session instead of nymphing. let me know if you want to float the bow this spring, I would be more than willing to take you out for the day .

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped off payment for 2 tickets in your mailbox sorry for the delay was out of town on my last electrical job for the year, strictly working the river till nationals, I am so stoked for this season even the snow cant get me down. When you draw my name you will get another chance to school me on still water I guess you gave me my first lesson last year free of charge. drop me an e-mail I left my card in the envelope.

Thanks Jason

Holy crap. John I have a $50 bill sitting in my wallet for you. All I have to do is drop by and get a couple of tickets. But everytime I think of it I get carried away with something else.

Tomorrow I'm going fishing right after work. So I'll have to see if I can either make it after work on Friday or on the weekend for sure.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Kerry Pitt! The winner of the draw, kerry I will pm you and we'll have to figure a time out.

Anyone looking to help the team and interested in learning the art of Czech Nymphing, you can sing up for one of my clinics. All the funds are being used for travel expenses to worlds this summer. Check the trading post for my details.

John