Fly Fusion Forums

Perch Fishing With Flyfisherwoman

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I believe FlyFisherWoman is changing her name to PerchFisherWoman.

She not only caught on fast but got us into a batch of big bruiser perch. She took more than 32 big perch home for dinner.

Here are a few photos.

post-1649-1237174025.jpg

Guest Sundancefisher
Yummy, even now my mouth is watering.cooked them in the orange juice recipe I thought I would give that a try...... we almost eat them all tonight, saved some for tomorrow nights snack...

How long did it take to clean them all? How many were females with eggs do you figure?

Cheers

Sun

How long did it take to clean them all? How many were females with eggs do you figure?

Cheers

Sun

Hi, it only took me 1 hour to clean those fishies.... there was 4 females, rest males.. about one cup of eggs from the females..

Tonight we are going to Donegal Irish Pub in Calgary for 0.09 wings... they are the best!!!

Thanks again, looking forward to that again. I went to Wholesales Sports yesterday to look for a rod, they don't have one, I'll go to Canadian Tire than..

Get what I need for my ice fishing outtings, self dependant...

Guest Sundancefisher
Hi, it only took me 1 hour to clean those fishies.... there was 4 females, rest males.. about one cup of eggs from the females..

Tonight we are going to Donegal Irish Pub in Calgary for 0.09 wings... they are the best!!!

Thanks again, looking forward to that again. I went to Wholesales Sports yesterday to look for a rod, they don't have one, I'll go to Canadian Tire than..

Get what I need for my ice fishing outtings, self dependant...

You might not get one until next fall. Those spring tip rods are the bomb.

Guest Sundancefisher
Nice little pile of Perch you've got there FlyFisherWoman. Got the makings for some fine eating.. bon appetit!

Are the Perch in Sundance showing any signs of being thinned out at all?

based upon this recent video...no. While the fishing may slow in the Spring...the perch numbers need alot more intensive fishing and/or netting to do a number on them.

We should be netting in the Spring so there will be lots of extra perch to go around.