Fly Fusion Forums

Aeg's Boats?

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

just wondering what the make and model of the rafts that they use, i love the cut out bottom design. I know they are around $1500 but is there any one making a knock off yet or something similar?

Thanks

'Jeremy

The Watermaster ones look awesome. the Bottom is open like a pontoon boat, but u can get casting platform. They only weigh like 23lbs and fold into a backpack, and they are rated for 500lbs. They have 3 models, the grizzly, the Kodiak and a 2 maner. the cheapest is like $1200. It would be fun to take one of these down an Alaskan wilderness river for a week.

The Watermaster ones look awesome. the Bottom is open like a pontoon boat, but u can get casting platform. They only weigh like 23lbs and fold into a backpack, and they are rated for 500lbs. They have 3 models, the grizzly, the Kodiak and a 2 maner. the cheapest is like $1200. It would be fun to take one of these down an Alaskan wilderness river for a week.

I have three of these boats and have owned them for 5 years now, still as good as they day i bought them after 250 + day's on the water. I own two grizzlies and a kodiak. In my Humble opinion they are hands down the best kickboat around. The Grizz is a little smaller and probably better suited for someone under 6 foot. The Kodiak is a little longer and it elongated to minimize drag on the water, I have a deal worked out with Watermaster to buy boats just over cost as they have used my videos for promo events. I don't think anyone is selling these boats in Canada yet, as the last time i talked to them they were looking for a local canadian distribution outlet.

Drop me a PM if anyone is looking for one of these boats or wants to see one up close and personal. Total weight with oars, pump and dry bags is around 60 pounds. Toss in your waders vest boots and lunch and it's quite a workout.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i might have to save up some extra $$ but i think i will have one by the summer. I dont like the belly boats because after a day of kicking my knees start to hurt and i dont like pontoons because of the wieght issue for going back country.