Fly Fusion Forums

If You Could Win Your "ultimate Fly Rod"

No, but rigged with a skagit head and a 4/0 treble, you can belly-snag PETA members! They're like pike though, after the initial short, hard thrashing around, they just become a drag. No real stamina.

j

No, but rigged with a skagit head and a 4/0 treble, you can belly-snag PETA members! They're like pike though, after the initial short, hard thrashing around, they just become a drag. No real stamina.

j

Whatever you do, DO NOT practice C & R when catching PETA members; bonk 'em, 'cuz they're starting to

overpopulate! :angel:smail:

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I would boot this to the top, give folks another 10 days or so to get their surveys in, then we will call it done. I'll make the draw on or around March 1st. Due to the great responses, we thought we would draw for one rod from the Alberta group of contributors and one from the BC group.

If anyone is going to the FF Expo, Brian Niska, at his Whistler Flyfishing booth will have a demo rod of the Wind Warrior "Stillwater" Series. 10' 4pc 5wt, designed by chironomiders, specifically for chironomiding. Be sure and take the opportunity to wave it.

j

j

Can we take pictures of them laying on the rocks / grass / ice?? :clapping::clapping:

If I could win my ultimate fly rod... I think I can safely say I did already win my ultimate fly rod. (or darn close!)

5 years ago after just 1 summer of flyfishing, I went to the Calgary Flyfish expo, and lucky me, I was the grand prize winner of a 6wt Orvis T3, at the time selling for $1100 Cdn. So in 8 months I went from a $70 rod from Ribtors, to a $300 Redington I bought in Sept, to an $1100 Orvis I won in January. I never win things, and when Mike at Troutfitters told me on the following monday that I might have won the grand prize, it seemed unlikely, but when I called Chris Bird, yeah, it was me. :cheers::thumbup:

I used to use it a lot and really loved it, then after losing and finding it again near Castle Falls, I decided I'm too stupid to fish with an expensive rod (forgot it in the parking lot there). :glare: I use the Redington 6wt or the Sage 4wt mostly now.

alan

I personally like the hanging on the dock "trophy" pictures, rocks/grass/ice seems somewhat passive, you know? :)

j

Haha, yah you know some of them PETA´s are pushin the 300-400lb mark, and I can say personally we always hang a fish that size up by the feet on the dock. Would make a great picture, you could sell pictures of tourists with it for a couple bucks!

After much thought I decided what I would want out of a rod.... it came to me today as I was trying to warm up drink that froze solid in 30 minutes of fishing.

I want a rod that fishs like a 9' 6 Wt, but it needs to be able to cast 3 LARGE split shot and a streamer made from a half a bag of marabou. It should also have some sort of electric heating system that heats the guides so they don't freeze and the cork so I don't freeze. It should also be under $500. That's all I want

And solar powered for that "green, responsible" look, right? Or did you want it to burn bunker sea #2 ?

j

well on days like today when we were slammed with snow and cloud I don't think the solar panels would be effective, but 2 AAAs in the handle would do me just fine....lol

• 3 weeks later...

The Survey is done, 137 responses, from BC, Alberta(Calgary Fly Fishing was hosting it also), Onterrible, Newfoundland, and some goof from Grand Cayman Island ! :coldest::eek:

(Just kidding, Sean is a friend)

What is it "they" say? The votes are in and currently being "tabulated" ?

Thanks everyone, a very high percentage of thoughtful and articulate suggestions.

And, the winners of the Fly Rod Draw are:

In BC

WWF4-1005F- John Randle

WWF4-1006- Mark Ring

In Alberta

WWF4-1005F- Mike Monteith

WWF4-1006F- John Kent

Each of the Wind Warrior "Stillwater Series" was designed in BC, for the interior stillwater type of fly fishing and is valued at $289.00

Each of the winners has been contacted by email, this evening.

Thanks everyone for contributing and allowing me to contribute.

j

Well done Jack

I'm sure the winners will enjoy the rods. :wave_smile:

I cast the 5wt at the show and thought it worked quite well. Roll casts like a hot damn.

BK

Which is what we want for "you know where" ! :)

j