Fly Fusion Forums

Boxing Day Sales At Fly Shops?

Lundvike

I was pondering this morning why I didn't go to look at fly fishing stuff instead of battling the mobs at the malls. Anyone get any good deals yesterday? Who is/was having sales?
I picked up "The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference", by Ted Leeson and Jim Schollmeyer for 50% off at the Fishing Hole. It was still a bit expensive at $67, but it looks like there is a lot of good stuff in it. Most stuff in the store was 25% off. Flies 50% Big ticket items were generally 10%...Not sure if its still on or not...

Boxing day, arrrgh, I work in a retail store and I just absoultly hate boxing day (as I usally have to work on that day with a bunch of ignorant people coming in and saying, HOW COME YOU OUT OF STOCK ON THAT 300 Laptop, geeze I wonder why?)

Guest RedWiggler
I picked up "The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference", by Ted Leeson and Jim Schollmeyer for 50% off at the Fishing Hole. It was still a bit expensive at $67, but it looks like there is a lot of good stuff in it. Most stuff in the store was 25% off. Flies 50% Big ticket items were generally 10%...Not sure if its still on or not...

Thats a great book.

Guest Sundancefisher
Boxing day, arrrgh, I work in a retail store and I just absoultly hate boxing day (as I usally have to work on that day with a bunch of ignorant people coming in and saying, HOW COME YOU OUT OF STOCK ON THAT 300 Laptop, geeze I wonder why?)

I think retail guys need more breaks. It was nice in the olden days when Sunday was a holiday day for everyone. People should also realize the better deals are coming as companies do worse and worse in the recession.

Spending helps the economy though.

...and to...anyone buying anything really cool and useful...

Can I borrow it please?

Sun