Fly Fusion Forums

Crowsnest Solstice Fish Out

dryfly

Yeah...I looked at the long range forecast and have decided to hell with that idea! If I didn't have to work outside all day in those temps. I would consider it but I think I will just stay in my nice warm bed all day and dream about June.

I'm just back from Portugal and I'm having trouble staying warm INDOORS!!.......Gonna have to miss it as I have the kids coming down from Edmonton for an early Xmas as there's work in the forecast for them for Xmas day.......Were it not for that I'd go just for the hot chocolate and hot dogs with Harps and Terry----and maybe a dram of Scotch.........Have fun if you go!!

Al.....

yea she is looking a little too cold for fishin this year :(
I drove by Leitch Colleries yesterday, and the river was almost frozen over -- only a small channel of open water. Not sure what it's like at Burmis, but my guess it closing in there too. Oh well, I guess it'll have to be spring solstice. Terry

I drove by Leitch Colleries yesterday, and the river was almost frozen over -- only a small channel of open water. Not sure what it's like at Burmis, but my guess it closing in there too. Oh well, I guess it'll have to be spring solstice. Terry

do you happen to know the OMD conditions?

Damn, now I'll have to spend the day with the in-laws. oh well, the father in-law

at least keeps good Scotch on hand.

Heard a good mother-in-law joke on the radio this morning.

Two guys in the bar are talking about their mothers-in-law. First guy says, "my mother-in-law is an angel." Second guy replies, "you're lucky, my mother-in-law is still alive." :lol:

Terry

Heard a good mother-in-law joke on the radio this morning.

Two guys in the bar are talking about their mother-in-laws. First guy says, "my mother-in-law is an angel." Second guy replies, "you're lucky, my mother-in-law is still alive." :lol:

Terry

True only too true

About ten years ago I fished the Crow with a guy from MB in late March in a snow storm at about -5°C. He said one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

"You know back home we fish in conditions like this all of the time. Except we are standing on ice and wearing full-body snowmobile suits."

I nearly died laffing. The fishing was very good. ;)