Fly Fusion Forums

River Access After Policemans And Before Carsland

been looking on google earth for a few spots on the bow , one question i have is After policemans flats there is quite a bit of farm land, which is oviously private propertie, seen a few nice holes between carsland and policemans , but there seems to be little to no access to these parts of the river , unless it is floated(which is out of the question now) i notices a parking spot which seemed to have a boat launch located on Range road about 6 kilometers down river from where the elbow meets the bow , anyone ever been here? is it private or can the public access it, i would like to park there and do a walk up river , just dont want to drive all the way out there to find this road is gated off or private ..... ?

Downstream of where the HIGHWOOD meets the Bow, on the north side...McKinnons flats is a public access site.

Further downstream, north side... Legacy island. South of the four way stop on the highway west of the town of Carsland.

excellent thanks , that boat launch was mckinnons flats , and thanks for the correction i meant to say Highwood

There is also public access around the HW confluence as you'll see on google earth.

Don't mess around with many other places though - I know plenty of guys who've run into trouble crossing private land and trespassing is not cool. When private land is involved, either get permission from the landowner or walk in from an access point. Breaking the law shows a lack of respect for landowners and all your fellow anglers. I'm sure most of us know of spots that used to be accessible by the public that are now shut down because of abuse.

google earth or get a map.. tons of spots too get too teh river.. jsu tgotta burn a little gas

thanks for the tips guys, pretty slow yesterday , roomate caulght a 22"brown and a few small rainbows, didnt have the digital cam to take photos, mabye next time .....jeff