Fly Fusion Forums

Fly In The Back Of The Neck..

Worst hooking of myself: #14 Prince right in the lip. Wanted to feel like the trout. Found out it hurts, even without barb!

Worst owee:

Fly stuck in tree, to far up to get. I have 8# to the front #4 SJW with 6# to whatever was trailing. I pull down with my hand on the line, the trailing line snaps, and the SJW hits me in the knuckle at supersonic velocity. Now that REALLY hurt! I remember thinking "what if the hook would have hit first?"

Its stampede week- if you ever needed an excuse to wear a cowboy hat there it is LOL- they do work great for protecting the melon and neck.

Had to plier out a nymph with a barb out of a buddies bum last year. The look on my face when he walked up the bank (at Hector) and asked if I could pull something out of his ass !

Does anyone else suffer from pike-fly-paranoia-syndrome - it when I am pike fishing and I randomly (seemingly to those around anyway) dive for cover right after a forward haul in a crosswind - everyone is like,.. WTF Rob ? - yeah - thought that one was gonna get me, sorry- LOL

Lynnf i got it for a birthday present few years back so i dont know? Thats what did it to me on sunday a big gust of wind down in a canyon. Nothing like standing in front of a deep pool shaking in pain as your trying to rip it out.