Fly Fusion Forums

Welcome To Bull Trout Country

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

Measured it at 8 inchs, battery died before i could get a shot with the tape. It's super weighted, and going to be a super pain to cast...15 lb test minimum for this boy..we're going big, or we're going home

IMG_0962.jpg

Yeah a hungry bull will eat that. Cool. I never ceases to amaze me how small a fish will eat a large streamer. Good luck.

The next step is a fly this big. :)

rapala.jpg

Clive,

That reminds me of the poor little girl who got attacked/bit by a Muskie in ON a number of years ago! I think she was 2 or 3 years old and in the water by the side of the family dock.

I can just see it now - "Honey! I'm takin the kids fishin!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I tied a few big'uns similar to that and the thing that ticked me off was how many strikes and misses I was getting. I realized later that it was crucial to have a stinger attached especially in August and later into the season because the Bulls seem to attack more out of aggresion rather than hunger. A stinger helped land way more than before.

My main hook was a 1/0 Mustad stainless steel or 1/0 Siwash and I used a (can't remember the size) Gamakatsu Octopus hook as the stinger.

There are a couple of different ways of attaching the stingers. I have photos of different methods if you want, but I'm sure you'll figure it out anyways.