Fly Fusion Forums

Sorry To Hear

nickt

I kn ow the topic has been stopped, of coures i was in the middle of typing this when i found out. I dont mean to start another thread that will get bent out of shape, THAT IS NOT MY INTENT. i would rather this thread stops here to prevent it from happening. i just feel the need to actually post my opinion.

i dont know many of you guys here. I certainly love reaing your posts and checkin out the pics. I feel i have learned a lot from everyone here in the last year. I am just astonished to see how many people are tossin in the towel over all of this. I know it is not just over the pics, it is a culmanation of everything. I feel the need though to ask the guys who are giving up to re consider. Dave has an amazing resource here and i owe all of you thanks for allowing me to be part of it. It would be a great loss to loose so many people that i have learned so much from, whether directly or indirectly over the last year. all i can ask is that you guys keep on posting because i know there is so many of us out here that love reading and checkin out those sick shots that most of us dream of catching.

tight lines

nick

Everyone will kiss and make up soon enough. With so many members on board you can't expect everyone will get along.

The biggest thing lately is the people who post about "clicky'ness". If you don't participate but maybe once in a while of course its going to seem like that.

If y'all don't play nice i'm gonna beat this dog.

doggyca9.jpg

I'm just gonna say one thing on "that" topic. Some people seem to think Glen was being misleading. I really don't think he was he may not have shown the complete picture but he is not obligated to. Fact is he and some others have gotten tired of the shoot from the hip mentality thats seems to be overrunning a lot of the threads these days. In that post he presented as much as he needed to/felt like. In what was posted there was no evidence of fish mistreatment, no evidence of fishing at all(nor any real claim of fishing), No evidence of fishing in an unlawful manner. So what is left to rightfully blast him for....... nothing until people start making assumptions. Is it not strange how nobody took the time to ask any polite(or even hard and straight) questions about, what, were, how, or why? Instead it was the shoot from the hip as usual. Glen was testing the water for sure and as usual a some people couldn't be responsible enough to get the answers before jumping to conclusions. Shoot first and ask questions later is for old western movies, this is the real world.

Anyways I've hardly posted in months either and I am not overly concerned but one thing I wanna make clear is,

Calm down a bit everyone, were all just idiots behind keyboards.

A fair chunk of these posts in question are from people sitting behind their keyboards doing nothing more than trying to get a rise from people. They are deliberate in their approach and will repeat the same nonsense over and over in the same thread just to maintain the troll. The sad part about it is they're succeeding in getting the rise they're looking for. People have to learn to recognize this for what it is. If you respond to a troll in a negative way you will draw in others and in no time have a crap fling going. The thread topic then becomes unimportant because the conversation is now more about egos than it is about the original topic. Then the spectators join in and pick sides.

There are other ways of dealing with this crap that doesn't have to involve threats, put downs or name calling. What blows me away is the fact that some of the seasoned members fell for this crap.

I think the next crap fling that starts Dave should sell tickets to. Maybe the proceed could go to Streamwatch.

I'm just gonna say one thing on "that" topic. Some people seem to think Glen was being misleading. I really don't think he was he may not have shown the complete picture but he is not obligated to. Fact is he and some others have gotten tired of the shoot from the hip mentality thats seems to be overrunning a lot of the threads these days. In that post he presented as much as he needed to/felt like. In what was posted there was no evidence of fish mistreatment, no evidence of fishing at all(nor any real claim of fishing), No evidence of fishing in an unlawful manner. So what is left to rightfully blast him for....... nothing until people start making assumptions. Is it not strange how nobody took the time to ask any polite(or even hard and straight) questions about, what, were, how, or why? Instead it was the shoot from the hip as usual. Glen was testing the water for sure and as usual a some people couldn't be responsible enough to get the answers before jumping to conclusions. Shoot first and ask questions later is for old western movies, this is the real world.

Anyways I've hardly posted in months either and I am not overly concerned but one thing I wanna make clear is,

Calm down a bit everyone, were all just idiots behind keyboards.

i agree dude but posting photos of fish on a fishing board make most assume they were fished for.. so it dosnt suprise me that the post went the way it did.. he didnt halfto but if he jsut posted saying what he was doing nots aying got out with abuddy and posting pics of bulls... it wouldnt have bin a bad post at all and it wouldnt have went sideways . but posting they way he did was misleading and asking for it IMHO glen is a great guy and a honorable fisherman who would have fished for them fish i know that but " testing th waters" or not got him the responce he deserved and would hav showed those new to the sport that fishing for bulls in spawn is ok.. not his intention i know but if he didnt comeback and say he was out helping biologists that is what i did look like and would have portrayed to all..

when i first saw the post i saw someone (i've never met anyone on this board) yellin' "ya! look at these bad boys i found on frenchman's creek woo hoo!" i immediately thought wow nice fish but even as fast thought that those fish should never have been fished for because they are obviously spawning. you looked and sounded like a sport fisherman at that point, not a scientist or assistant. taco's not exactly smooth or graceful or even polite but he said what a bunch of us were thinking. you get booted for not having tact? great fisherman and valuable contributers quit the forum because taco cant express himself less offensively? that's too bad. i love a great debate even if it gets down and dirty, makes for great entertainment. i cant believe 10 words from taco caused not only him getting booted but glenbow leaving when it should've started a healthy debate. at the least we should try that debate: why the hell are those streams open to fishing when the bulls (alberta's fish, endangered species) are in spawn?

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting suspended or banned).

um...can you send me a pm and tell me why? I wasn't calling troutlover a bag of douche he asked for the picture.

when i first saw the post i saw someone (i've never met anyone on this board) yellin' "ya! look at these bad boys i found on frenchman's creek woo hoo!" i immediately thought wow nice fish but even as fast thought that those fish should never have been fished for because they are obviously spawning. you looked and sounded like a sport fisherman at that point, not a scientist or assistant. taco's not exactly smooth or graceful or even polite but he said what a bunch of us were thinking. you get booted for not having tact? great fisherman and valuable contributers quit the forum because taco cant express himself less offensively? that's too bad. i love a great debate even if it gets down and dirty, makes for great entertainment. i cant believe 10 words from taco caused not only him getting booted but glenbow leaving when it should've started a healthy debate. at the least we should try that debate: why the hell are those streams open to fishing when the bulls (alberta's fish, endangered species) are in spawn?

Please don't take offense to this.. but your "date joined" is only a few months ago. Tako was stirring the pot for ALOT longer than that. This recent one was just the last straw.