Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon W/ Wheels?

alhuger

All,

I am seriously thinking on picking up an Outcast pontoon boat, one of the models which allows you to stand up. It's pretty appealing for a number of reasons but it has one serious drawback that I can think of. It looks heavy. Most of the lakes I fish are walk-in so heavy is not a plus. So, if anyone knows out there, is it too heavy to carry easily? Lastly, and perhaps most importantly has anyone rigged theirs up with wheels? If so I would love to hear about it.

al

All,

I am seriously thinking on picking up an Outcast pontoon boat, one of the models which allows you to stand up. It's pretty appealing for a number of reasons but it has one serious drawback that I can think of. It looks heavy. Most of the lakes I fish are walk-in so heavy is not a plus. So, if anyone knows out there, is it too heavy to carry easily? Lastly, and perhaps most importantly has anyone rigged theirs up with wheels? If so I would love to hear about it.

al

by a dave scadden Skykomish Sunrise ST the are light, extremely tough, and quality through out. also light. 58lbs.

http://www.store.northforkoutdoors.com/ind...p;products_id=1

post-2513-1221409525.jpg

i've been playing with that idea also ,should you go with one wheel say attached to the motor mount ,or two wheels ,one on the back end of each pontoon strapped on .you could push it like a wheel barrel,it sur would make it easyer to get all your stuff (electric motor ,battery,anchor ,cooler)to the lake in one trip

Guest tallieho

lIwent with one wheel,I picked up a small kids big at the g.sale,used the front wheel.Went to the bolt supply ,got a couple of large washers an 8"x3/4" bolt .One piece of angle iron drill a hole for the bolt ,went from one side of pon frame to otherside. Sorry i don't have a camera or i'd post it .