Fly Fusion Forums

Report For Stream Watch Day Trip

I finally met up with Pipes, (Andy), on Friday for the W & W He Bid on for the Stream Watch Auction.

We hit a stretch on the Lower Bow mid morning and fished until the rain got too heavy in the late afternoon.

Andy told me he doesn't get to fish the Bow much, so I added a little instruction into the day and He proved to be a great student. It took a bit, but he quickly got the technique of Small Flies and Fine Tippets down. After assuring Him that it's not easy getting a good hook set with little size 18-22's, his frustration let up and once he got the first one in, it was pretty steady for most of the day sub surface. We turned, lipped, LDR'd too many fish to count and Andy landed several nice fish, so after noticing that the fish had started working on the surface upstream, I decided it was time for us to change up.

It was fun to see the look on His face as we sat back and watched a bunch of Big fish doing their impression of pigs, feeding like gluttons on emerging BWO's. We took turns working our way upstream picking off one fish after another until the rain got too be too much. It was tough to leave, but not so much because of the great day we had on the water.

The day had some pretty good fishing, great conversation and for most of the day, perfect weather. It was a pleasure spending the day on the water with Andy and I hope to do it again. Thank you Andy for Your contribution to Stream Watch. I hope you had a Great day.

We took a few pictures, but it's nice to say, the fishing was too good to be bothered for the most part.

Here's a few from the day.

Pipes working a run...

P9120014.jpg

The fight is on...

P9120016.jpg

The Reward...

P9120017.jpg

A couple more...

P9120019.jpg

P9120021.jpg

Oops...I think that one was pushing 30 inches...We had a few droppsies

P9120018.jpg

Thanks again Andy.

Friday was one of the best days I have had fishing in a long time. The kudos go to Brett on this. He made a huge effort to come down and do this. I will say, he spent a lot more time than the half day he commited to. I learned more in a one day than I have the past 3 years. MTB was patient enough all my questions, watch me miss countless fish, hook the trees (which he always unhooked), hook myself, lose his flies, scare away big fish with my 'subtle' casts etc.

You never know what to expect when meeting up with someone, but we had some great conversations and to learn more about a great contributor to the site.

It was incredible to hook up/miss so many fish, but watching those big trout feed on the bwo was the highlight for me. Unbelievable to watch and MTB called it hours before we even started fishing it.

Thanks again.

PS Brett even had the patience to not say anything when the subway sandwich artist unloaded a whole bottle of mayo after he requested no mayo!

Friday was one of the best days I have had fishing in a long time. The kudos go to Brett on this. He made a huge effort to come down and do this. I will say, he spent a lot more time than the half day he commited to. I learned more in a one day than I have the past 3 years. MTB was patient enough all my questions, watch me miss countless fish, hook the trees (which he always unhooked), hook myself, lose his flies, scare away big fish with my 'subtle' casts etc.

You never know what to expect when meeting up with someone, but we had some great conversations and to learn more about a great contributor to the site.

It was incredible to hook up/miss so many fish, but watching those big trout feed on the bwo was the highlight for me. Unbelievable to watch and MTB called it hours before we even started fishing it.

Thanks again.

PS Brett even had the patience to not say anything when the subway sandwich artist unloaded a whole bottle of mayo after he requested no mayo!

Well done guys!!...............It's sure nice to see a post like this which is such a positive for the Stream Watch Auction..........I hope everyone who guided/bought trips etc. will continue to share thier stories........Thanks.....

Al...