Fly Fusion Forums

A Few Days On The Livingston

CDone

Just returned from 5 days down south, lots of willing cutts, warm sunshine, cold beer and a little snow for good measure.

brought an arsenal of rods, started the trip with some cane.

2008_0911Livingston0004.jpg

2008_0911Livingston0002.jpg

2008_0911Livingston0006.jpg

then moved on to a little 7' 3wt

2008_0911Livingston0008.jpg

2008_0911Livingston0019.jpg

the daughters first kiss

2008_0911Livingston0018.jpg

first casts

2008_0911Livingston0013.jpg

mommies turn

2008_0911Livingston0011.jpg

caught numerous fish over the five days but there was one that always seemed to egg me on but never showed any interest in what I tossed at him until the last day. The stars must have aligned because I saw him rising in his ussual spot and on the first drift he nailed an extended body adams pattern. My largest of the week.

2008_0911Livingston0031.jpg

Colin

Ummm. Cane. Man I would love to use a cane rod on the Liv some day. Actually, anywhere. Those things are way out of my reach.

I fished the Liv a few weeks back with my Sig III 7ft 1wt. Its a perfect match for that river. You'd think it would be hard to land 16in cuts but no way. Brought them in just as fast as any other rod. It felt like a feather in my hand and casting it all day was beautiful. Mind you, it wasn't too windy.

The 3wt felt like a broomstick after that.

Nice pics.

Nice fish. Looks like you had a good time out there. Always good to see kids on the water learning. Are you sure you want to do that though. Christmas presents could become very expensive if she takes a real liking to fly fishing. Just kidding.

No worry, I built her a rod the day we knew we were expecting. I do have to make sure the rods are put away properly now or she'll grab one and start running around with it yelling "fishing, fishing, fishing" :lol:

Colin