Fly Fusion Forums

Purchasing From Cabelas

Do any of you guys purchase your equipment from Cabelas and have it shipped here?

I'm just looking on their website, I can purchase a TFO TiCrX rod for $270 CAD including the exchange rate and shipping and taxes and everything. Whereas if I buy the same rod here at one of the local shops I believe they run either $319 or $329.

If you buy a TFO rod in the USA can you still register it for the warranty here in Canada?

Thoughts?

Not sure about the warranty questions but I don't see why not. I have purchased from cabelas and did not pay a duty fee (or brokerage I dunno what its called) when I shipped air, but a buddy purchased the same item and payed 65 bucks when it arrived at the door but I think he shipped ground..... This was on a 300$approx purchase so its tough to say whether you are gonna save money or lose money

Hi,

I've had good luck with Cabelas ... once got two pairs of Carharrt overalls for US$70 ... they're C$100 each at Mark's Work Wearhouse.

The Bargain Cave can be awesome ... sizes can be limited, though.

No duty on U.S. made items.

Good source for hard-to-find items like SA L2L leaders.

Always confirm shipping by USPostalService ... not a courier ... the latter involves unnecessary brokerage fees.

Ron

Always confirm shipping by USPostalService ... not a courier ... the latter involves unnecessary brokerage fees.

True. I learned the hard way. UPS will rape you with broker fees. I won't order from anyplace now unless they ship USPS (United States Postal Service). It also helps that I live almost on the Idaho border now and have a US postal box right on the other side.

FYI: Cabelas will be opening a new store in Post Falls, Idaho this fall.

I bought some waders and boot from them last year and needed to send back the waders. The reutun is pretty good and went smoothly. I did get dinged on the Duties at the time of purchase though. It added another 90$ to the bill.