Fly Fusion Forums

Digital Infrared Thermometer?

birchy

I have used the Fluke and Raytek models for my work. They can be very inaccurate if used improperly. They are more of a instrument used to show a gradient in temperature for informational purposes or a temperature differential tool than a tool one would use to accurately measure true temperature. Save yourself the money and buy a alcohol thermometer for 10 bucks.

F-62_03a_200p.jpg

I have a Blue Point one I use at work all the time for checking A/C system performance. It works really well but I'm probably loosing some accuracy since I'm checking the temperature on the vent fins & duct instead of the actual air temperature. Works well for checking if a thermostat is opening without melting the skin off my hand too LMAO.

How well it's going to work for you is going to depend on how accurate you need the reading to be for the application you're using it for.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Birchy you are getting lazier and lazier. Now you won't even bend down to take the water temp. LOL!

LOL... actually... so far I've been getting YOU to bend down and take the water temp.. so technically i'm trying to get less lazy! :P

Birchy, I have the William Joseph model. When I first got it, I played around with it around the house. I can tell you the temperature of the kitchen floor, walls and windows. I could even measure my own temperature by pointing it at my arm, but I have never taken it to the river. If you wanted to take it out for a spin I would be happy to lend it to you. Send me a message if you want to borrow it for a bit.

Murray