Fly Fusion Forums

Cw Licences

DougC

You can also buy them online if you purchased your license online...the only down side to buying online is once you have done it you can only obtain future classified waters licenses online. I found this out the hard way! The online system doesn't really cater to anglers who do not have access to a computer/printer while on an outing.

Mike

You can also buy them online if you purchased your license online...the only down side to buying online is once you have done it you can only obtain future classified waters licenses online. I found this out the hard way! The online system doesn't really cater to anglers who do not have access to a computer/printer while on an outing.

Mike

Actually, the BC government reversed their position on this, and you can now buy a CW license at a store even if your basic license was purchsed online (and vise versa). You will need to produce your basic license (however purchased) in order to buy a CW license.

And for sure you can buy BC licenses at The Crowsnest Angler. They are also available at the Home Hardware in Blairmore.

Terry

Thanks guys. The reason I did not buy my regular license online this year was because of the no access to a printer away from home issue - glad to hear that is being resolved.

Smeabs - I'll be there this weekend if you are around. Once you get settled in Lethbridge we can start doing some floats.

Actually, the BC government reversed their position on this, and you can now buy a CW license at a store even if your basic license was purchsed online (and vise versa). You will need to produce your basic license (however purchased) in order to buy a CW license.

And for sure you can buy BC licenses at The Crowsnest Angler. They are also available at the Home Hardware in Blairmore.

Terry

Hey Terry,

When did this happen. I was in Fernie two weeks ago and the fly fishing shops told me I was unable to. However one of the shops was nice enough to go online and print my CW license of for me. I am heading to BC on sunday...do you think the shops will know they can write me the license now or do I need to set them straight. Thanks for the info.

Mike

Hey Terry,

When did this happen. I was in Fernie two weeks ago and the fly fishing shops told me I was unable to. However one of the shops was nice enough to go online and print my CW license of for me. I am heading to BC on sunday...do you think the shops will know they can write me the license now or do I need to set them straight. Thanks for the info.

Mike

I don't remember exactly when I became aware of the change, but it was probably about a month ago. I learned about it at an Alberta flyshop that sells BC licenses, and they had actually confirmed the change by phoning the BC government. I'm not sure what the BC government has done to inform dealers of the change, but from your experience, it sounds like not much. The reality is that there never was a good reason to not sell a CW license to someone with an online purchased regular license. Terry

I don't remember exactly when I became aware of the change, but it was probably about a month ago. I learned about it at an Alberta flyshop that sells BC licenses, and they had actually confirmed the change by phoning the BC government. I'm not sure what the BC government has done to inform dealers of the change, but from your experience, it sounds like not much. The reality is that there never was a good reason to not sell a CW license to someone with an online purchased regular license. Terry

Just a quick update on this. I called the BC fishing agent (government) to clarify before I head to Fernie. They informed me that although there is talk of changing the rules about buying online licenses and then being able to purchase a CW license from a fly-shop however it has not occurred. Therefore, if you buy a BC license online you can only purchase the CW license online. If anyone has more questions about this the phone number is (250) 423-6845. This is obviously a huge flaw in their current system and I hope it gets resolved soon.

Mike

Well I guess the answer depends on who you talk to in the BC government. Bottom line, based on MKM's experience, I guess is to assume you can't buy a CW license at a store if you bought your basic license online. Governments work in weird ways. Terry