Fly Fusion Forums

Beer On The Bow

coreyc

Im doing a float/camping trip on the bow this weekend but need to know If your allowed to have beer on the boat, not to drink while floating but for the camping part. Also can you camp only on the islands or any specific shores, were going from policemans to carsland.

thanks

Technically you can't have open beer on the water anywhere.

In the city there is a bylaw although I'm not sure how hard they inforce it.

South of the city your probably ok, I've never been caught with beer and I'm not sure what the conso's would do about it.

Everytime I float I've got a cooler my ice cold favourites.

My motto is your not fishing till you've had a beer, not many times I make the first corner after policemans without cracking into one...

It is illegal to drink on public land unless it is a temporary residence (camp).

It is also illegal to drink and boat in Alberta.

Alcohol and boating don't mix. You can wait till you are done to drink... there are too many alcohol related drowning as it is.

to avoid trouble with land owners camp on islands . as far as beer goes ,was checked by co years ago in drift boat he looked in our cooler for fish , we had at least a dozen beer in there he didnt say anything .but that was then . he was more concerned about life jackets and if we kept any fish.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/200...wn.html?ref=rss

Weekend enforcement steps up along river pathways

Last Updated: Friday, July 25, 2008 | 1:51 PM MT CBC News

Calgary police will be cracking down again this weekend on people drinking in public and other illegal activities along the Elbow and Bow River pathways.

Enforcement will be ramped up in and around Sandy Beach Park and along the Elbow River pathways and parks, said police on Friday.

"Our goal is to optimize public safety and make sure that people who want to use city parks and pathways can do so without encountering illegal activities or inappropriate behaviour," said Sgt. Kevin McNally.

The enforcement will include the police force's marine unit which has been busy this summer ticketing an increasing number of rafters bringing alcohol on their voyages, he said.

Police said public intoxication, failure to wear life jackets, littering and drug use are the most common problems along the river pathways and in city parks.