Fly Fusion Forums

Sibbald?

EdB

Anyone ever fish at Sibald meadows pond. Stopped by ther the other day and there was a guy in a pontoon boat out there but he had just pulled in. Is it good fishin. Thought it might be a good place for the kids.

Hey dude...I have drove past twice this year and seen a few risein and lotsa people fishin...Never did fish it, been on my way home both times and somewhat fished out...But sure is a nice spot...I'm sure it would be a good place to take the kids...If not, jumping pound was looking good last time I drove by, and seen a few fish too...

Cheers...Jeff...

BTW...This is under ask the pro section...And I aint no pro...LOL... :cheers::thumbup::party: Love the new E-cons...LOL...

I've fished it a few times over the years, always coming home from Kananaskis Lakes. It hasn't been great fishing, but I've always gotten some action. Biggest ones have only been about 12 inches, but there may be some bigger holdovers. Usual chironomids, leeches, and Dr. Spratleys have taken fish.

I ve been ther two times in june.

A LOT of fish rising BUT a few of them taking a dry, which maintains things fun. Though, only small guys (cutt) about 10/12 inches.

Last time, I ve been with my 2 kids (4 and 6) and it was a lot of fun. My daughter took 3 fish and even my son took one on his shrek rod (certainly astraving trout) !! They both fished with worms.

Aotherwise it s very nice, you can see eagle fishing and with the sunset a castor.

Hope this can hlep you.

:goodvsevil(): This smiley is pointless but I love it !