Fly Fusion Forums

Volunteer Needed For The Highwood July 20th

Last fall i volunteered some time for the United Way and we auctioned off items. I offered a day trip on the Highwood, I originally had someone lined up to give me a hand but they have just cancelled.

unfortunately, i dont know the Highwood very well. the person who bought it gave the trip to her daughter and son in law. He fly fishes, she doesnt so i'm going to have my hands full with instructing her.

If anyone who knows the Highwood somewhat well and would like to spend the day fishing and offering 'pointers' to the son in law, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday July 20. I will be driving and supplying lunch and snacks for the day.

:pray:

Unfortunately I am in Scandinavia at that time, otherwise I would have be willing to help if you sent the ticket.

But if you can get the plane-ticket to me before July 5, I will cancel my trip and lent you a hand. :lol:

In order to not let the costs go out of control, I will catch my own food. :devil:

What a shame, cause I am actually planning on going out on Sunday, but I he HIghwood is one river I only have a moderate experience with.

Can you go elsewhere or does it have to be the HIghwood. I am more familiar with rivers adn streams further south. More north I think will still be pretty high for a bit longer, but in the south the waters are looking not too bad, high but fairly clear.

Fish are starting to get more active now too.

if you can change location I might be able to help you out

LS. If you can convince them to go elsewhere (both in light of better fishing, and easier fishing, and safer wading) I'd be happy to help... if you know right away. I can book weekends off pretty easy with enough advance notice. :)

in case the answer is that they can't change the location I still am planning on going down south - want to hook up and check some waters out?

Brian, 1 actually have 2 trips this summer. the second one will be to the castle/carbondale area. tentative date will be august 15th but i am waiting for the other guy to get back to me. i will let you know in case you feel like joining us. not much need to do any guiding, i know the gardner, carbondale and lynx fairly well.

these 2 have their hearts set on the highwood.

thanks for the offer bernie. i go south on a regular basis. july is a mess for me this year but august is looking good for plenty o trips to the southern rivers. i'm always looking for someone to fish with.

sorry, i cant afford to send a ticket to you Dutch :(

someone has sent me a pm and i will accept their offer for help on the highwood. but both of us have limited experience. all i need is a decent access point.

please send me a pm, i'm not looking for a secret spot, just an area with decent access and a stretch with some pools. i can only think of one off the top of my head.

Good luck on the Highwood I am heading down to the Lynx and area on Sunday, from what I saw last weekend, the rivers look pretty high and not really wadeable.

July I will be on the waters nearly weekly (ususally mid week as it is quieter), and August I have a number of outings planned too. Love to have company - someone to let my family know where the bear ate me and where they can claim my truck.

let me know if you want to go I am always willing.

PS what is PM?

Good luck on the Highwood I am heading down to the Lynx and area on Sunday, from what I saw last weekend, the rivers look pretty high and not really wadeable.

July I will be on the waters nearly weekly (ususally mid week as it is quieter), and August I have a number of outings planned too. Love to have company - someone to let my family know where the bear ate me and where they can claim my truck.

let me know if you want to go I am always willing.

PS what is PM?

PM= Private Message. You send one by clicking on someone's username and scrolling down to "send message" in the drop down menu.

lol, nice hijack bernie.

usually if you have a new message it will pop up on your screen. but if you have any messages waiting to be read, you can open it from new messages.

i've never had any problems with crowds down there, except the roads and the carbondale by the nabor gas plant but usually just from atv idiots... abusing the river.

and everytime i've fished the lynx i ve been the only person on it other than my buddy from castle mtn resort.

id like to hit the falls on west castle this year. maybe early sept... i dont know

so how did it go on the HIghwood?

down south was pretty good, got some nice Cutts 35 - 40 cm (how big is that in inches?) and while the area was packed with dirt bikes and ATVs, not allot of people actually fishing - just a few.

found a new creek too - well new to me amyway.

got a few small cutts on that one to.

well hope you and your guests had fun and were safe

you know people are right to say i dont read.

I misread your post and thought you were going the Sunday past

Duh

oh well I still dont know a great deal of the Highwood, but found a few spots i have plotted on my GPS that are decent - just need a better fisherman to catch the fish.

eventually i will figure it out.

Off to Eurpoe for a week next week to do some wine tasting but will be back ready to hit the waters mid July

Keep safe and save some fish for me

i prefer stupid fish - smart fish make me look bad