Fly Fusion Forums

Cloudveil 8x Waders?

Hey all,

I've got a line on some Cloudveil 8x waders for $297.50 (from $450) out of the states. Before I jump in and buy them what are your thoughts? Anyone know much about there warranty? I like the Simms but price is an issue. Thanks for your input.

Mike

Hey all,

I've got a line on some Cloudveil 8x waders for $297.50 (from $450) out of the states. Before I jump in and buy them what are your thoughts? Anyone know much about there warranty? I like the Simms but price is an issue. Thanks for your input.

Mike

I've mentioned this before... A buddy looked at them last year and the pair he tried on had 2 left feet... Nuff said!!

P

I've got a pair of SIMMS that leaked just as fast as all the other brands I've had over the years. Have the 8x's now and find they have a few functional features that the overpriced SIMMS don't such as built in gravel guards, built in wading belt and shoulder straps, more pocket room and when zipped the pockets are waterproof unlike the SIMMS if you happen to go too deep. Also the cloudveils are designed so that you can roll down the chest portion to the waist and use them as pants, great if you happen to do any summer wading in the city of Calgary. I think SIMMS newest models are catching up with the added features but you'll pay a lot for them. For 297.00 I'd say go for it, but check Ebay first sometimes they are on there for 225.00.

As far as the two left feet, I checked mine and honestly can't tell the difference, but maybe I've got my white tube socks on the wrong feet too.

been looking on ebay for months for those waders....but no deals yet. where did you buy them from???? a buddy of mine has them, and loves them. at least they are better than my cheap ass reddingtons that have seen 2 tubes of aquaseal in the last month...

My Simms have built in gravel guards and wading belt as well as a waterproof pocket. Mine at least have been bomb I love em. I've got the RiverTek waders and I believe they were under 400. Being able to wear them as wading pants is also a big bonus.

Thanks again for the feedback. However, I called the shop this morning to order the cloudveil's and my size (large) sold out yesterday however if any of you are looking for other sizes and are interested check out http://shop.westbank.com/ . They also have some others on sale such as last years Simms G3 and guide waders for 25% off. You need to call the shop to order as their online store doesn't allow shipping to canada but the shop will for around $14-20. In the end I elected to go with Courtney from Nile Creek Fly shop and get the Snowbee xs-pro waders. Courtney's a great guy to chat with and is shipping them out today. I will keep you all posted on the Snowbee's.

Mike