Fly Fusion Forums

Piking For The First Time

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

I've caught the odd pike as a by-catch in the bow, and decided i was tired of fishing Lower K, so finally got the chance to go pike fishing for a few days, so me and mitch went out on tuesday and today..tuesday was pretty slow (especially compared to today), with some wicked cold weather all day. Mitch outfished me entirely on tuesday, with me landing the biggest fish, but him stomping me in numbers.

Mitch's first pike ever (and what a tank!)

P6030142.jpg

underwater shot

P6030141.jpg

We were ushered off the water with a nice storm coming in really quick, and we timed it well enough to not get poured on

P6030148.jpg

Thursday

Thursday started off much better then tuesday, again on the water by noon (who wakes up to go fishing, really!?) and had some wonderful weather for the morning. Caught my first pike on my second cast of the day, released him, to find that he had bit through my fly line. Again mitch beat me in numbers, but i made a valiant effort to catch him in the last 2 hours, to fall short (though i did win biggest again)

casting a fly line with a blood knot in it, is not the most fun

P6050157.jpg

ended up getting blown off the water again by a storm, but this time we waited it out, and got back on the water. and what a good thing to do, an incredible day of fishing, and all in all, a hell of a lot of fun.

another of mitch's

P6050155.jpg

Heres my best, don't mind the tan...

Untitled-2-1.jpg

Mitch certaintly has more photos to add

Was a good time for sure. Nice to finally get a pike or two...

My 1st pike again...

P6030030.jpg

Almost time to leave...

Badger.jpg

P6030044.jpg

P6030055.jpg

One of Brents fish when I was able to kick over to him in time with the gail force winds...

P6050003.jpg

Guest RedWiggler

Were you guys at Badger? I could see 2 guys across the lake on the East side, looked to be a red and a green boat.

Were you guys at Badger? I could see 2 guys across the lake on the East side, looked to be a red and a green boat.

yup, that was us. were you one of the three pontoons that were by them islands?