Fly Fusion Forums

Motorbike Accident On Hwy 2... Looking For Info.

Hey guys,

I know some of you must travel Hwy 2 and may have seen this or know somebody who did...

A friend and co-worker was in a motorbike accident North of Red Deer on Sat May 10.

Here is what has been passed on by his wife:

Here's what we know:

Tim had left the group he was riding with to return home and was travelling by himself going South on Highway 2 (QE2 north of Red Deer). He was riding in the inside lane just coming up to bridge construction (he had seen the signs, but wasn't in the construction zone yet) when a semi in the right lane came into his lane forcing him into the median. Tim didn't get a look at the truck and the only thing notable about the trailer the semi was hauling was that it was a white trailer and Tim noticed it was marked as a 53-foot trailer. Tim tried to speed up so the driver was aware he was there, but he was only able to get to the front end of the trailer at which point he was forced off the road. This is what I have learned from the investigating Constable with the RCMP.

There were several witnesses at the scene that advised at around 2:20 pm on Saturday, May 10th, 2008, a semi forced him into the median (approx. 1 km south of the Blindman River).

They also advised that the semi stopped but must have left again.

No one that we spoke to at the scene could tell us any more than it was a white semi.

No one took note of a business name or license plate number.

Also this information came out too late at the scene to mount any kind of search for it.

Unless a new witness comes forward with further information, we may never know the truckers identity.

The witnesses also indicated and the tire tracks at the scene confirm, that Tim did a very good job of keeping it upright as long as he did.

He was almost able to ride it out, but certainly rode it out long enough to slow down considerably.

Had he tipped earlier than he did, he most certainly would have been injured worse than he was.

Please understand, I just want the truck driver aware of what happened and hopefully have him own up to his responsibility. I also want to thank the people that took the time to stop, to make sure Tim was given the best possible care and took the time to give statements to Police. You are heroes to me.

If anyone has any further information, please contact the investigator:

J.D. (Doug) WAREHAM, Cst. #45600

Ponoka Traffic Services (Freeway Patrol)

Ph: (403) 783-4472/4471

Fax: (403) 783-2840

**This isn't a spamish forward, but just happened Satyrday to a good friend and a great guy.**

If you guys know anybody who was on the Hwy at that time, I'd really appreciate if you could pass this to them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Paul

Being a trucker myself, this sounds like the typical "oh I am gonna blow by this trucker before the construction zone" type of accident, which means, the bike was probably trying to zip around the truck, and the truck was moving over becuase his lane was ending in the construction zone. seen this happen on hwy 2 a million times. No one will let the trucks in so they get forced into either hitting pylons, or moving over.

GIVE US SOME DAMN ROOM!!!!!

if this was NOT what happened, then the driver of the truck is a complete idiot. What's not mentioned is if the truck had his siginal light ON to move over or not. If he DID, then the guy in the bike trying to zip by him probably shouldn't have tried something like that. If the truck driver did NOT have a siginal light on, I'll find the bastard and beat him senseless myself.

Too many morons out there who can't be bothered to use the siginal lights these days too.....

Too many morons out there who can't be bothered to use the siginal lights these days too.....

Amen. Drives me batty.

Sorry to hear about this Harps! Hopefully they find the guy and work out the details.

Tim (an older gentleman and former peace officer) rides a big slow bike. I'm not 100% sure what happened, but there were witnesses...

The big issue is that he stopped, and then drove away from the scene of an accident.. right or wrong.

I find it extremely hard to believe no one noticed the truck plates or company on a saturday on a busy highway. Astonishing actually. Glad to hear your friends alright i hope they catch the guy.