Fly Fusion Forums

What Would You Pick??

ghus32

Has anyone here know if any vendors around Calgary sell the TFO professional series.. I am in Nashville on business and TFO rods are much cheaper..

I still may get the TFO ticr which is 200$ here and at the fishin hole its 289..

Also is 130$ a good price for a Lamson tonic reel??

thanks for you input

Not sure about who sells what but I emailed TFO when I was in the states because I saw cheap rods and fyi the rods bought in the states are covered by the us warranty and are thus not covered by the in calgary replacement deal. Don't know if that makes any difference to you or not.

Guest JayVee
I am in Nashville on business...

Oh man I am SOOOO jealous. Run over to the Gibson factory if you get a chance and come home and tell me all about it :)

My understanding is that the dots on the rod sections are different colours in the States than in Canada, so if you bring one with the US coloured dots to Springbrook they won't do anything for you. At least that's what I was told back in the fall when the Canadian pricing hadn't changed at all to match the exchange rate.

Not sure about who sells what but I emailed TFO when I was in the states because I saw cheap rods and fyi the rods bought in the states are covered by the us warranty and are thus not covered by the in calgary replacement deal. Don't know if that makes any difference to you or not.

I had a chat with Ken Whellems one day about this because there was an entire thread where people were saying different things about the warranty, and noone really knew for sure. I had phoned one time and gotten the same answer as you Lundvike. However, Ken corrected me.

Springbrook will honor the US warranty provided that make/model of rod is AVAILABLE here in Canada, and you're the original owner.

*edit* An example is the 4 piece NXT combo on the templeforkflyrods.com website.. they are made in the US, but not Canada. So if you purchased a 4 piece NXT combo in the US, brought it back home here and broke it, you could not get the piece replaced because the 4 piece Signature Series that Springbrook has here is a different rod.

Same goes the other way.. TFO USA will honor the warranty of a rod made in Canada as long as they carry that model and you're the original owner. The 2 piece Ti series would probably be an example of a rod you couldn't get replaced in the US, as I don't see it on their website at all.

I absolutely love my TFO rods and their warranty, but their decision not to adjust Canadian pricing to get significantly closer to US following the runup of the Canadian dollar is truly puzzling to me.

Because the rods were built at the ol price and TFO hasnt sold the old stock yet?

Mike

Guest bigbadbrent

They're made overseas, they get hit with a bigger duty then what the states does. Plus, shipping and handing, plus brokerage.

They don't get them as cheap as the american stores, so how can they sell them for the same?

They're made overseas, they get hit with a bigger duty then what the states does. Plus, shipping and handing, plus brokerage.

They don't get them as cheap as the american stores, so how can they sell them for the same?

I didn't say the same. I said closer to the same. Like books, cars, etc.

50% more here is indefensible. Unless of course we continue to pay it. Marvels of capitalism.