Fly Fusion Forums

Faily Camping And Fishing Locations

I am looking for a little advise. I just purchased a tent trailer for the family and am looking to get out in the next few weeks to give it a try. I would really like the opportunity to fish while we camp. Can anyone suggest a nice place to camp and fish, preferably in southern part of province as I think it has a better chance of being warmer. I had heard that cypress hills has nice camping but I am unsure on the fishing. I hear Police Outpost in nice fishing, but information I find does not show much about camping. Any suggestions on these or any others would be appreciated. We are a family of three with one child of three years old. It will be our first time, I camped many years ago in college but not since.

thanks for your help in advance,

Guy

I am looking for a little advise. I just purchased a tent trailer for the family and am looking to get out in the next few weeks to give it a try. I would really like the opportunity to fish while we camp. Can anyone suggest a nice place to camp and fish, preferably in southern part of province as I think it has a better chance of being warmer. I had heard that cypress hills has nice camping but I am unsure on the fishing. I hear Police Outpost in nice fishing, but information I find does not show much about camping. Any suggestions on these or any others would be appreciated. We are a family of three with one child of three years old. It will be our first time, I camped many years ago in college but not since.

thanks for your help in advance,

Guy

Guy,

Come join us for the Benchmark Fish Out on the 9th & 10th weekend!!

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?...amp;event_id=44

http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/pubsandmedia/P...chure%20WEB.pdf

Peter

Chain lakes west of Nanton is good for families. Small fish but they are there. Carseland SE of Calgary is also family friendly. But the Bow river has a seasonal closure to the bridge. Check your regs. Lots of nice places to camp west of Longview too.

FHD

Guest RedWiggler

Try Wyndham Campground near Carsland, I have camped there alot and find it to be a very nice campground with a ton of great campsites.....some of the best I've seen and I like them heavily treed and secluded, mind you this time of year there are no leaves on the tree's and bushes. Thats were we took our camper for its first trip just cause its close and we did not know what to expect towing for the first time and all....ended up being a sweet campground. Its also right on the Bow and is only 30/40 minutes from Calgary. Im sure were ever you go it will be a blast, have fun with the new Trailer.

CAMPING RULES!

CAMPING RULES!

For Sure

There is some decent Camping out past Ols as well at West Ward Ho. There are a few stillwater lakes / Ponds nearby and the Little Red Deer River runs through it. We used to get out there a few times a season. Little Elbow down south is another cool spot. I think they even have a stocked grayling pond there, but I'm not 100% on that. The little elbow runs beside it and there are tons of great hiking trails around there.

Depending what you want to fish for, Beauvais Lake and Little Bow Provincial Parks are both really nice. Little Bow is on Travers Resevoir and has pike, perch, whitefish and walleye, while Beauvais is a foothills trout lake not too far from the Crowsnest.