Fly Fusion Forums

Bullshead...apr.23/08

Took a tour to B.H. Today to check things out...Damn near frozen over...A little bit of the far far East side was Open...Seen a guy fishin over there so I thought I'd giver a shot too...As I did drive out to fish...When I got the lake it was snowing a little...Just a breeze...not too bad I thought to myself...By the time I trampled trough the 2-3 foot drifts...Got a few casts in...Got a couple fish to hand...The snow stopped...And the wind just started to HOWL...That was enough for me...Guides froze...Hands froze...reel froze...The guy that was fishing on the East bank up from me , must of had some serious warm clothes and a some kind of a rod de-icer :P ...Cuz he stayed for a while till I seen him walk back to his truck...Just before I left..A couple regular spin casters showed up that I have got to know over the past...We talked for a bit..and They were going to giver a shot aswell...

Thought I would show a few pics...(No fish pics...Camera stayed in the truck)...There were a couple real brave gophers... :lol::blink:

006-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-3.jpg

011-7.jpg

016-2.jpg

I suspected this may happen but thought maybe the wind might have helped keep it open.

I have yet had a chance to fish this lake :angry: This global warming type weather can stop any time now :angry: Hopefully by the week-end things will smarten up and open up enough to fish it.

I suspected this may happen but thought maybe the wind might have helped keep it open.

I have yet had a chance to fish this lake :angry: This global warming type weather can stop any time now :angry: Hopefully by the week-end things will smarten up and open up enough to fish it.

I kinda thought the wind would keep it open as well...But it has been some cold in the hills the last few days...Ive been keepin track of the weather up there...Had a 50-50 feeling on ice coverage on the way out to the lake today...Oh well...got my fix-with a couple not bad females...Randy...Your time is coming....I can just feel your anxiety building..As I know you love to fish this lake...Where in the frick did spring go???... What happened to that +28 stuff we had....

Randy I'm glad you are waiting until May to fish. Perhaps we will have a chance to fish before you educate all those rainbows. Just remember us dumb guys from closer to the mountains need a break before all you local pros hammer the lake :rolleyes:

Randy I'm glad you are waiting until May to fish. Perhaps we will have a chance to fish before you educate all those rainbows. Just remember us dumb guys from closer to the mountains need a break before all you local pros hammer the lake :rolleyes:

Seems to me you said in a previous post that I should wait until May. At this rate, it looks to be turning out that way. :rolleyes:

O well, when the time comes I'll be making up for lost time.

I'm sure about now the rainbow species appreciate not being harassed by the human species while they're going through the spawning motions safely under the ice. <_< Kind of like dangling a steak and a case of beer in front of you while you're trying , (key word, "trying") to get ................ Oh hell, I give up. Gimme the beer. (Hook set)

RATS!!

What do you figure the odds are she'd be off for Friday? What about Sunday?

I wouldn't count on Friday but Sunday may be a possibility. Here's two weather reports. Look at the differences for Sunday. Environment Canada always seems to be a little more accurate. Let's hope.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0106/

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/...9_metric_e.html

I'll take a drive out Saturday and post a report.

RATS!!

What do you figure the odds are she'd be off for Friday? What about Sunday?

There was quite some water open on the Far East shore...Not sure if it will close up...I'm thinking it wont...But...I live close and would hate to see you drive all this way to have no open water...If I drive out and it is froze over...No big deal...I just go for a drive..And take all the back roads home..And make a little tour of it, take a few pics along the way...By Sat or Sun, I'm pretty sure there will be some open water...Going out again tommorow, and will let all yas know what it is lookin like...

Cheers...Jeff..