Fly Fusion Forums

Reesor Lake Ine The Cypress Hills

Fished Reesor Lake on Sunday. Truly one of the nicest places to fish in Southern Alberta. Use to support fish to 5 pounds and lots of them. Have not caught one over 10 inches in the last five years, trout that is, suckers are doing great tho, catch them up to 20 inches on anything you use. We have been hearing for about five years that they are going to drain the lake, kill the suckers and fix the dam. Anyone from Medicine Hat here of the status of that project.

Fished Reesor Lake on Sunday. Truly one of the nicest places to fish in Southern Alberta. Use to support fish to 5 pounds and lots of them. Have not caught one over 10 inches in the last five years, trout that is, suckers are doing great tho, catch them up to 20 inches on anything you use. We have been hearing for about five years that they are going to drain the lake, kill the suckers and fix the dam. Anyone from Medicine Hat here of the status of that project.

Fixing the dam is still in the plans I believe...just got postponed. I don't think they'll be draining it all the way, therefore there won't be a sucker kill off. Too bad, maybe we'll just have to get them to stock browns in there so there's a predator :P

Fixing the dam is still in the plans I believe...just got postponed. I don't think they'll be draining it all the way, therefore there won't be a sucker kill off. Too bad, maybe we'll just have to get them to stock browns in there so there's a predator :P

I like the way you are thinking Bloom. That would be a great place for some browns. The only thing is that there are alot of people that like there five a day out of there so it could be hard to get some size on them. Has aznyone fished Spruce Coulie this year? I tried once and didnt get a sniff. I think there is some big brookies in there i just have never herd of anyone catching them.