Fly Fusion Forums

Bullshead...still Some Biggens...

Sept. and Oct...Are the best....Not allot of weeds...Fish are in the warmer water...Fish are way more active...And take you into the backing on several occations...

June is my favorite month. I take a week off work and spend it out there. The weeds aren't up yet and the bugs are hatching. The weather can be a little wet and cool but only the die-hards go out in the rain. Lots of room to fish.

June is my favorite month. I take a week off work and spend it out there. The weeds aren't up yet and the bugs are hatching. The weather can be a little wet and cool but only the die-hards go out in the rain. Lots of room to fish.

Very true...The fishing is great that month...But I'm ussually working then...And dont get alot of time out there that month...

Fished most the day with Myth1228...We got away from the shoulder to shoulder fishing...Found a spot that was producing some good fish...Alot of them...Many many double headers...Largest fish today was 22 inches...and allot of fish at the 20 mark....Caught a few more fish with GBD...They seemed to be doing good health wise...I must say.. this is the best fight from these fish in all of the past springs...

Cheers...Jeff..

Fished Bullshead today from about 1:00 p.m to 5:30 p.m. I was quite surprised as to the amount of ice there is out there but it was windy today and that took some more off..I'd have to say about 1/4 of the lake is ice free. I managed to catch quite a few fish... most were 17-18 inches, couple close to 20 and several 14 inchers. I was broke off once..may have been due to wind knots and a over zealous hook set :lol: I had several hooks straighten out which was a pain in the *ss and my indicator kept moving which resulted in a lot of "down time". It was a cold wind blowing and I was thankful I still had gloves and a toque thingy in the truck but even at that it was cold at times..of course the cold disappeared when a fish was on!

Didn't see you out there BH..not your truck anyway..maybe another time. Jared I will get hold of you..it is supposed to get cold this weekend and they are calling for snow. I don't think we want a repeat of last year's trip.. however the blizzard did not seem to bother the fish any :lol:

Fished Bullshead today from about 1:00 p.m to 5:30 p.m. I was quite surprised as to the amount of ice there is out there but it was windy today and that took some more off..I'd have to say about 1/4 of the lake is ice free. I managed to catch quite a few fish... most were 17-18 inches, couple close to 20 and several 14 inchers. I was broke off once..may have been due to wind knots and a over zealous hook set :lol: I had several hooks straighten out which was a pain in the *ss and my indicator kept moving which resulted in a lot of "down time". It was a cold wind blowing and I was thankful I still had gloves and a toque thingy in the truck but even at that it was cold at times..of course the cold disappeared when a fish was on!

Didn't see you out there BH..not your truck anyway..maybe another time. Jared I will get hold of you..it is supposed to get cold this weekend and they are calling for snow. I don't think we want a repeat of last year's trip.. however the blizzard did not seem to bother the fish any :lol:

Hey kipper...I was out there Today...Just had to go for a walk and get away from the shoulder to shouldr fishing....I dont mind fishing beside fellow flycasters...But...When you are nailen fish...And the people get closer and closer to you...Its enuff to drive ya...They dont say HI or nothing...They just cary on like they were fishing 100 yards away from you ...like they were in the first place...There are ample fish in the lake...and getting closer and closer to a person that is catching fish...dont do you no good...Thats my bitch for the day...I'll be out tommorow...You guys from Calg or any other areas see me or Myth1228...On B.H...Say Hi... I like to meet fellow flycasters....And give a little Advise...(If needed :lol::P )

Hey kipper...I was out there Today...Just had to go for a walk and get away from the shoulder to shouldr fishing....I dont mind fishing beside fellow flycasters...But...When you are nailen fish...And the people get closer and closer to you...Its enuff to drive ya...They dont say HI or nothing...They just cary on like they were fishing 100 yards away from you ...like they were in the first place...There are ample fish in the lake...and getting closer and closer to a person that is catching fish...dont do you no good...Thats my bitch for the day...I'll be out tommorow...You guys from Calg or any other areas see me or Myth1228...On B.H...Say Hi... I like to meet fellow flycasters....And give a little Advise...(If needed :lol::P )

I think I know what you are getting at ?:mellow: although.. when I was there there wasn't a heck of a lot of open water and the two fellows next to me moved next to you because of an iceberg that the wind blew toward them to shore. I don't think they meant to intrude on your "spot". I believe they were catching a lot of fish too...should have anyway.. cause I gave them the "cronies" to get the job done. I am not a real talkative fellow myself and when I am fishing I usually don't go out of my way to meet people but if I get the chance I am more than happy to help someone catch a fish. I don't mind sharing the water to a certain extent either especially this time of year when there isn't that many places to wet a line.

I think I know what you are getting at ?:mellow: although.. when I was there there wasn't a heck of a lot of open water and the two fellows next to me moved next to you because of an iceberg that the wind blew toward them to shore. I don't think they meant to intrude on your "spot". I believe they were catching a lot of fish too...should have anyway.. cause I gave them the "cronies" to get the job done. I am not a real talkative fellow myself and when I am fishing I usually don't go out of my way to meet people but if I get the chance I am more than happy to help someone catch a fish. I don't mind sharing the water to a certain extent either especially this time of year when there isn't that many places to wet a line.

The thing that chapped us about that was that they had boats and access to every piece of water that was open, yet still felt the need to fish 20ft away. In fact, when they first got there Jeff had set his rod down as he was helping me with a fish for 2 seconds and when he went back, they were damn near on top of his rod! In the entire time they stood next to us I only witness 1 of them catch 1 fish so that was kind of amusing. I'm always willing to lend a helping hand on the lake, but that was kind of rude to stand 20ft from us and not even say as much as hello. Obviously this isn't anything we havent experienced on an extremely regular basis, I guess its just annoying the first time it happens each year.

Thats funny that we were fishing next to you for most of the day, as earlier I had asked Jeff if he had met you yet! I hope you had a great day out there! On top of the great fishing, I was also lucky enough to pick up a wicked sunburn and ruin a pair of pants hahaha. It was a great day though, and I can't imagine a better place to spend a nice April day. We were out there from 7am - 830pm, so we were pretty tired when we finished! If you are going out anymore this week we'll all have to meet up and say hello!

It wasn't just them guys...But that topped it off... :lol: ...Myth and I went there to get away from the intruding line crossing fishermen...That one dude was standing 5 feet from my rod when I got back from checking out Shanes fish and giving him a hand...Thinking back...It is kinda funny...Bottom line is..."Do people have no more ethic???" :wacko:

Met the Calgary guys there today...Nice guys :D ...We had a chat... I then proceeded to go for a walk around the Whole lake to try to get out of the wind...No luck...The wind was blowing in just the right direction that no matter what!....You were in the wind....Checked out the east end creek that runs into the lake...And there were dozens of fish running up it in theire attempting to spawn... Cool sight...Looked just like Salmon trying to get up the shallows of about 3 inches of water...Didnt take any pics...But took a cool video...By the time I got back to the lot had a drink and a relax...Then Did a little fishing close to the parking lot (a little less wind)...The Calg boys were on there way...Never got to fish with them...But I'm sure there will be other times...Nice to meet you guys...Then fished with bloom and one of his buds for a while...we got into some fish...But bloom found the sweet spot and was hammering them....Had a good day...other than the wind!!!

Cheers....Jeff..

Guest tallieho

thanks for the info. guys. it was interesting to hear about the fish trying to spawn in the creek,maybe this may have some merit to close this area off to fishing .or we drop a little hint about the successes achieved in b.c with developing spawning channels in the spring. :rolleyes:

I am hoping to get out again Monday or Tuesday if the weather isn't too crazy. I don't want to spend too much of my time de-icing my guides. :lol: with the temps. they are expecting at One-Four on the weekend a guy has got to get out the longhandles and buy a few handwarmers. May see you out there.

thanks for the info. guys. it was interesting to hear about the fish trying to spawn in the creek,maybe this may have some merit to close this area off to fishing .or we drop a little hint about the successes achieved in b.c with developing spawning channels in the spring. :rolleyes:

I don't think we want to go there :rolleyes: Michelle Lake has a similar situation when there is a lot of run-off which is about every 5 years or so. :lol: The"creek" isn't a creek in that sense..it is an intermittent stream.

I don't think we want to go there :rolleyes: Michelle Lake has a similar situation when there is a lot of run-off which is about every 5 years or so. :lol: The"creek" isn't a creek in that sense..it is an intermittent stream.

I remember about 8-10 years ago....The big pigs would hang out in that channel thrughout the year...Untill...Most the fish found a freezer... <_<