Fly Fusion Forums

Early Season Trout

fishpro

My uncle and I decided to head out to one of my favourite streams today to hopefully catch a few trout, and we were definitely rewarded well for it. We only fished for a few hours, but managed to catch numerous large trout and missed many for. I believe we had about ten to hand between the two of us, and missed at least as many and saw many more. As you can see, we decided to take a bit of a break from fly fishing for today and managed to have a very good day.

We started fishing late morning and withing a couple casts I caught this nice bull trout, probably 21-22 inches.

002.jpg

We then continued fishing and managed to catch more large trout throughout the day, with the best fish topping out around just under 20 inches.

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

You know tensions on this board have gotten so high lately...everyone its just goin nuts over everything, rocks, mud, snow, water...jetboats :blink: ...haha i had to add that one in. I agree some of the things do provoke a tensive post right but is it really necessary to go overboard and just rag on the guy for making one bad post or posting one bad picture? I think everyone just needs to calm down, mabye add one little thing but not go all out and say what the **** are you doing yadda yadda yadda. If one person makes the comment in reaction to say something like this picture it sure as hell isnt necessary for 15 other people to reword it and say it again, come on guys lighten up.

I think it *IS* neccessary for people to have the balls to speak up when they see a fish being mistreated. I don't know what else was said before... but c'mon.... thats a damn bull trout... provincial fish, endangered, etc... being abused....

glad they took down the pic... sad they decided to share it with us.

Common is the photoshop really necessary? Dustin is a good guy, fished with him overseas for two weeks. He is a great guy had a lot of laughs with him. Met his uncle on the bow one day too a nice fella. Maybe posting that picture wasnt the greatest idea but he did the right thing and took it down. Common man give dustin a break

I think it *IS* neccessary for people to have the balls to speak up when they see a fish being mistreated. I don't know what else was said before... but c'mon.... thats a damn bull trout... provincial fish, endangered, etc... being abused....

glad they took down the pic... sad they decided to share it with us.

Im not talking about this one instance hawgstoppah, im talking about everything over the last couple months that has turned into a flame thread. My point is 1 person should speak up, just 1 not 15 in one thread. 1 person can get the point across for the whole board, no need to torture someone by making a thread then coming back 2 hours to see 25 posts saying how retarded they are for something they did or said.

So I basically said the same thing as Hawg when this post first appeared. Fishpro replied and I believed him that the picture was not meant to provoke, so I removed my rant.

I agree that the picture was poorly thought out, but as I said, I believe it is an honest mistake.

A whole bunch of us here fish in the winter.I would love to say none of the fish I caught have hit the snow. That would be untrue however. We all try our best, I think, to handle fish the way we feel is correct. Sometimes we fail. Sometimes we take pictures of us failing without even knowing we are failing.

There are people here that don't believe you should even take a picture of a fish because it takes too long. Who gets to make the decisions on this? The most sensitive? I'm asking because I truly do not know. After reading this board, I've learned to not let them hit the snow, try not to let them hit rocks, take pictures with them close to the water so if I drop them they won't get hurt. Never mind I've seen fish jump 3 ft out of the water. Am I being too careful? Maybe. But what the heck, better to error on the side of caution I guess.

I apologize for posting the picture. Unfortunately there were many factors that made it offensive to many of you, none of them were intentional. My uncle and I always try to handle our fish carefully, but as this post has shown, sometimes there are things we don't realize as well. We will definitely keep these in mind in the future. The finger was not at all directed to anyone here or related to anything in the picture, it was simply a coincidence that it was in that picture.

Fishpro, glad you took the picture off. There were a few too many things in there that could have been misinterpreted. I did take offense to it, as you saw on my initial comment. Only you and your uncle got the inside joke behind it.

That said, it must have been an awesome day to catch some nice browns and bulls, especially in the spring and in a creek of that size. Keep posting those reports. I love reading them. :)

I apologize for posting the picture. Unfortunately there were many factors that made it offensive to many of you, none of them were intentional. My uncle and I always try to handle our fish carefully, but as this post has shown, sometimes there are things we don't realize as well. We will definitely keep these in mind in the future. The finger was not at all directed to anyone here or related to anything in the picture, it was simply a coincidence that it was in that picture.

Just PM me with details on where you were & how to get there, and all will be forgiven.

That last brown is gorgeous, man!