Fly Fusion Forums

Pool Players Out There?

i found some pretty decent pool videos while surfing youtube today. thought i'd share them for the pool players on the board.

the vids are a series of 40 progressing from beginner to more advanced shots. search 'dr cue' in youtube. they've been put together by the APA (or American PoolPlayers Association).

they are not bad if you're into 8-ball, 9-ball or 14.1. last i checked, APA (or CPA; the canadian derivative) did not have league or tournaments in calgary.

I've seen Rossman (Dr Cue) live a couple of times doing a trick shot routine. The guy is a phenominal shooter and very entertaining.

wongrs - there are actually several pool leagues in Calgary, the largest being a VNEA league ran by Southern Music.

The APA/CPA tried to start a league here a few years ago but it didn't take.

Several years ago I believe Calgary had the highest per capita percentage of registerred pool players in North America.

i played league/tournament CPA in hamilton before moving to calgary. when i got there, i looked for CPA and there wasn't any leagues. then i investigated others (like VNEA) and found the travel requirements and green fees too high for my liking so i gave it a pass. it also fairly evident that calgary is a bar-box kind of town as i could only really find 1 'pool hall' (stix on richmond).

i'm now registered in the Regent Pool League but am figuring on selling all my pool gear to get more fishing rods!

anybody want a falcon tr-1 (w/ predator shaft) and a sneaky-pete jump-breaker? i'll give you the house special!

jk, i'm keeping it for now.

and just watching the control that dr. cue has in those videos is astounding. speed and angle control is phenomenal.