Fly Fusion Forums

Spey Week-end Weather

ogilvie

Does anyone have any idea what the weather might be like this coming week-end?

Here on the Supposed Sunshine Island Coast,we had about 4"of very wet snow in this area...took the power out for half the night...got up at 6:#0 and went north to fish for Steelhead,no snow and sunny...crazy weather...lets hope Clagary's weather is a good one for the week-end

C

Guest bigbadbrent

We also got about 4" of snow last night, was gonna go fishing this afternoon but forgot my waders

The network says it will be around 8-9 degrees that weekend, so you'll be more then fine

but it is calgary, so you have to take that with a large, large grain of salt

Well its 5am, a balmy minus 13 at the moment, most of the snow is gone. Forecast is as Brent said, 8 - 9 degrees with chances of rain. So that could mean sun, clouds, rain, sleet, snow, hail, high winds, tornados, locusts, or basically anyother weather related plague that could be thrown our way. Ah, spring time in Alberta oh how I've missed it.

Colin

We also got about 4" of snow last night, was gonna go fishing this afternoon but forgot my waders

The network says it will be around 8-9 degrees that weekend, so you'll be more then fine

but it is calgary, so you have to take that with a large, large grain of salt

Brent,

FORGOT YOUR WADERS! that only happens to use older farts...nevertheless we are excited to be in Calgary once again and as Colin says "AH,Calgary in the Spring"...HAd a great day yesterday on the River ,no fish though...and sore feet

C

Guest bigbadbrent

I figured i'd be ok without them, as most as the snow had melted, but the wind sift had made 4" of snow into 12" of snow where i wanted to stand

my driving shoes didn't agree

Guest bigbadbrent

hahah mitch

my driving shoes are also my daily shoes, they're just called 'driving shoes'

i can't find shoes that are comfier then indoor soccer shoes, and that's what these are, just prettier :P

The weather looks promising...will be there Friday ...visit a few shops and do a fly tying demo at Troutfitters on Friday evening 6-8

Will also have some Watermasters on hand for you all to play with..and of course a few to sell,includeing the demos.

9 am at Burnsmead...see you there...will go on throught the Morning and into the afternoon...maybe a bit of time to fish ...

C