Fly Fusion Forums

Let's Play A Little Game

Okay ... this is my first post so who knows what's going to come out.

That may be a finned critter but it's nothing I'd be posting on here. Time for you to go after something bigger than your middle finger. I've used flies bigger than that minnow.

<_< Educational purposes. That, and I don't trophy fish <_<

Welcome aboard

Thanks for the welcome ...

I don't trophy fish either ... I find the monuments with the little cup mounted on top just sink to the bottom when you try to release them back into the water!

However, I do tend to fish where I'm likely to tie into something slightly bigger than your finger. June is Giant Tarpon on a fly for me ... and I certainly hope they're a little bigger than your finger. Not that I'm going for a trophy (I can get one of those in a monument store right here at home) ... just something I've always wanted to do.

Hijack....

Tako, second week of June (just after opening and run-off), Little Smoky River, Grizzly bridge. Tons of grayling (some hawgs too) and the odd bull. We'll catch a ton and have a blast. An old family friend lives in Fox Creek so wouldn't have to camp if we didn't want to.

James

Hijack....

Tako, second week of June (just after opening and run-off), Little Smoky River, Grizzly bridge. Tons of grayling (some hawgs too) and the odd bull. We'll catch a ton and have a blast. An old family friend lives in Fox Creek so wouldn't have to camp if we didn't want to.

James

I dunno, August was pretty good. And I know a lot better places than the bridges ;) As long as I get the job I want, I'm there B)

I dunno, August was pretty good. And I know a lot better places than the bridges ;) As long as I get the job I want in Sherwood Park, I'm there 8)

I never said that anything about fishing at the bridges. Grizzly bridge is where I park and start to walk. June is awesome. Just coming out of the wintering holes and starting to move around. They're hungry and will pretty much take any well presented fly you throw at them.

I've never targeted them but I could imagine they would be in the river. Afterall, Smoke Lake is pretty close by. I've only ever caught grayling and bulls out of the Little Smoky. I mostly fish it around Fox Creek because of the family friend that I like to pop in and see when I'm up there. I would like to head further up this year so if you know of some spots I don't (and you get that job in the Park) then we should definitely go.

James

I've never targeted them but I could imagine they would be in the river. Afterall, Smoke Lake is pretty close by. I've only ever caught grayling and bulls out of the Little Smoky. I mostly fish it around Fox Creek because of the family friend that I like to pop in and see when I'm up there. I would like to head further up this year so if you know of some spots I don't (and you get that job in the Park) then we should definitely go.

James

I know some spots ;)