Fly Fusion Forums

Club Vs Forum

EdB

I didn't look through the archives but has anyone ever asked about FFC being a club as well as a chat forum. We have get togethers, clinics, raise money for good causes, Rick cooks us breakfest. Would there be any benefit to making this a club as well? I would certainly be a member.

What is everyone's thoughts on this.

The idea of a club is somewhat of an oximoron in thinking,especially when the topic of conversation within many of the Fly Fishing groups in North America,such as the FFF,BCFFF,Isacc Waltons and so on ,is about the reductions in physical memberships. Those that understand realize that since the normal use of the Internet has become ,just that,normal...many of the people that were in or would have joined fly clubs etc. now are much more likely to get involved via the 'net. In fact ,the age barriers and the "sex" barriers have been bridged and much more positive.

C

we can build a fort at my moms place! LOL seems to me that this is in some ways a club or definately a group already...... but I think its fairly evident that it would be tough to make a real club with physical meetings as many members are spread out around the province....