Fly Fusion Forums

They Just Keep Coming

Guest bigbadbrent

Guest bigbadbrent

Still have an addiction, i've found that i enjoy tying these about 120.34% more then any other flies, even if i won't be fishing any of these sizes for at least 8 months (probably 20 months, with the way things are looking)..just waiting to get the smaller Waddington shanks in, then will be tying more for the bow, but these are definitly filling the void of my boxes

All of these are combinations of:

Straighteye hooks, cut, with a Gamakatsu coming off the back attached to #35 SlickShooter

Marabou in the obvious colors

Black Krystal Flash

Glow in the Dark flashabou

Mirage flashabou

Super high quality ostrich

Lady Amherst

Lead wire, to flip the hooks upside down (though, u don't technically need it, if you tied them upside down with to start)

The black ones have charteuse coneheads as hot butts, which i'm also waiting for Hot Beads to come in, so they can all have them (in pink, red, charteuse)

Only thing i'm still not 100% happy with is the heads, but am slowly getting better at making them a respectable size

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

Guest bigbadbrent

I haven't done tubes, yet. Simply because the tube fly adapter is another 40 bucks that i can spend on other things..i'll probably get there eventually.

Sometimes I don't know about you guys...The nicest Tube Fly Adapter is the Snowbee adapter...retails for about $34...fits any clamp jaw vice...and of course our store has a complete array of tube accessories.

Tube flies are simply put .."on".

In FAct,the Canadian Tube Fly Company carries the Snowbee Adapter and has a few in stock.

I don't know Brent I think the heads look pretty good for a fly your gonna pave bottom with...... I have 2 types of flys...my Mantle flies which I don't fish..cause they look soo pretty..and my fishing flies which is gobs of fur, feathers, thread and cement to hold it all together which I then proceed to beat into submission. They still catch lots o fish however they don't look as pretty as my mantle flies.. Ya I agree with Badger I like these on a tube but as you are from the school of Tyson >:} I'm sure he has you trained on stingers... Stingers for eye candy tubes for quickness!!

Guest bigbadbrent

haha, i am from the 'school o' tyson', but his flies still make mine look like i tied mine in 5 minutes..

I'm sure i'll end up getting into tubes, but i'm in no rush. Probably will once i run out of materials again

I haven't done tubes, yet. Simply because the tube fly adapter is another 40 bucks that i can spend on other things..i'll probably get there eventually.

Do a search on ebay for felting needles.

Stick it in the vise, you may need to flatten the faces of the needle to stop it moving.

fn1.jpg

Slide on tube (cotton bud).

fn2.jpg

If the tube spins a piece of flexifloss will stop it.

fn3.jpg

They even take the tubes with liners already inserted.

fn4.jpg

These are very similar to Frodin's needles that cost a LOT more than you'll get the felting needles for.

I don't know Brent I think the heads look pretty good for a fly your gonna pave bottom with...... I have 2 types of flys...my Mantle flies which I don't fish..cause they look soo pretty..and my fishing flies which is gobs of fur, feathers, thread and cement to hold it all together which I then proceed to beat into submission. They still catch lots o fish however they don't look as pretty as my mantle flies.. Ya I agree with Badger I like these on a tube but as you are from the school of Tyson >:} I'm sure he has you trained on stingers... Stingers for eye candy tubes for quickness!!

School of tyson...lol he dont know shat........ but like i said kid they are lookin much better. thanks mykiss