Fly Fusion Forums

Water Resistant Camera

Guest guito

Guest guito

I am looking for a new camera, and here are my two options. The pentex optio 30wr or the olympus stylus 770 sw. Which camera has the better macro for taking close ups of flies. I read through the achives and but couldn't find much on macro settings.

Thanks

Guito

Guest guito
there both great dude..i love my optio btu a few of my friends have the olympus and it works great too.......if u find yourself dropping stuff lots the olympus has a higher shock value than the pentax

Does the Olympus have a good macro mode? I cannot find the optio here in the bridge as it doesn't seem to be available, but the Olympus is. I just thought if the optio was better I would just order via the internet.

Thanks

Both good, but I've had more time on the Optio WPi (go for a WPi rahter than the WR, water Proof vs water resistant). it has a great Macro setting on it. The shock value of the Olympus is a pretty good thing to have. We had a demo and dropped it a number of times with no ill effects.

Does the Olympus have a good macro mode? I cannot find the optio here in the bridge as it doesn't seem to be available, but the Olympus is. I just thought if the optio was better I would just order via the internet.

Thanks

london drugs has got the optio's blair...if it helps any, i use the pentax...

Guest guito
london drugs has got the optio's blair...if it helps any, i use the pentax...

Andrew I went there last week and they don't have it. They only have the Olympus 790. Future shop no longer has the optio but carry the oly too.

Thanks

Guest guito
you try staples, walmart or radio shack (AKA the source) yet?

I tried office depot and walwart with no luck.

Bigbowtrout, thanks for the idea of ebay! I just decided to buy the the Pentex optio W30 for $235

Thanks to all who responded

Guito