Fly Fusion Forums

1st Double Bunny

Lundvike

So I kind of played with a more traditional double bunny pattern and I came up with this:

2253292203_b470925c2a.jpg

My wife thinks its ugly and reminded me that fish don't have hair.

Hook: Mustad 1/0 34007

Body: Lead, UV polar chenille, red bunny strip over the eyes to simulate gills

Body/tail: Gold variant rabbit strip and white rabbit strip

Eyes: Gold medium size flat end dumbells

Thread: tan 6/0

I need to buy some stick on eyes!!

Thanks BBB cause I really needed something else to be addicted to. :P I guess its less damaging to my brain than crack (although there was a lot of solvent from the glue) but more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

the lead made the thing really difficult to manage with my 6 weight when I tried it yesterday. also I think it made the it sit the wrong way up in the water. but man did it sink fast. Looked really neat when stripped and then stopped. If anyone is interested I lost one on the bank by the poo hole go a ahead and try it out.

if it sinks fast, you'll be able to find many practical uses. I'd do what was suggested and paint on the eyes.. looks good though :lol:

Should be a real god fly for bull trout hunting. Cast towards where water plunges into a deeper spot (a plunge pool), and let the current sweep it down right to the bulls waiting there on the bottom under all that white water ;)