Fly Fusion Forums

Egg Patterns

Does anyone use an egg pattern in the local streams? I've been advised to try an egg pattern in BC lakes and just wondering if they work here as well. To me they work where there are salmon but I'm sure I'm wrong as usual.

I've been trying eggs in both rivers (crow and bow mostly) and lakes (Bullshead) for a few years now, and haven't found them to be all that good. I do get fish on them, but I don't think I've ever thought they were 'the ticket' for that day.

Gonna give some a shot this weekend (in Rainbow water - prolly stick with egg sucking leech made with some salmonoid egg coloured dubbing I picked up last year, as opposed to a yarn ball alone) - drove to Johnson yesterday to try this but they closed muskrat bay so no-go for that water. The got stopped by a police roadblock right before gap and grotto area (as my alternate to Johnson) due to a bad accident so the force was not with me yesterday at all LOL

Will post a comment if they work !