Fly Fusion Forums

Cypress Fly Fishing Club

bloom

The Cypress Fly Fishing Club in Medicine Hat is now being run on the first Tuesday of each month, instead of the second Tuesday.

So, meeting will be tomorrow night (Feb. 5), 7:00 pm at Eagle Butte High School.

It will be a fly tying evening where a couple of members will be demoing some flies, and then bringing enough materials for everyone to tie at least one of them up. Bring your fly tying stuff!

See you there.

Guest tallieho

I live in calgary but will be going thru,so i may stop in .Is that on the same rd.as the one you take to go bullshead?.Have you ever run into Brent Schlenker,any idea if anybody purchased his interests in those trophy lakes that he used to operate. thanks tight lines & sinking corkies

Yup, it's on the road to Bullshead, and you're more than welcome to come even though it sounds like it will be a small group tonight. Always nice to sit around, BS and tie some flies though.

Brent's a good guy, but out of the fishing business right now. No one is guiding on the lakes out in the Cypress Hills, and they remain private. People are fishing them though with permission from the owners.

Yup, you do need some sort of connection to fish the lakes. They are great people, but I feel that they enjoy the seclusion and 'old fashionedness' of their property. I wouldn't suggest knocking on their door out of the blue.

Great lakes, great property, and some really good, down to earth people.