Fly Fusion Forums

Its Looking Like Its Going To Be A Good Year!

Well with January being as good as it was seeing so many nice fish caught in the bow, for myself it just keeps getting better!!! Come March it will be off to BC for some steelie's for four days which is going to be way cool, as well I just booked my guide for April when I head down to Orlando for some reds and snook!!!

Well with January being as good as it was seeing so many nice fish caught in the bow, for myself it just keeps getting better!!! Come March it will be off to BC for some steelie's for four days which is going to be way cool, as well I just booked my guide for April when I head down to Orlando for some reds and snook!!!

Where are you going to be fishing in Florida? Gulf or Atlantic coast? April, that's a good time to go....try for a Tarpon, man, they'll be around!! Take a 10/11 weight and a reel with at least 200 yards of 30 lb. backing and see if you can hold on to a silver monster for more than 5 seconds. I guarantee it'll be the most exciting 5 seconds of your life.

James

I'll be in Orlando and will be fishing the mosquito lagoon and area. I asked him about juvi tarpon in the area and he said that there is a chance that we can hook a few but he also said that due to a big cold front that moved in alot of the juvies got trapped in shallow waters and said that they could have a bad season for fishing them. I was thinking about fishing for the larger ones but I will would have to spend more money. The size of the Reds that these guys are catching will be more than enough!

Here's the guide that I will be going with

http://www.flataddicted.com/index.html

LK2,

Indian River is world famous for BIG schools of BIG redfish. You tie into one of those 30+" bad boys on a fly rod, be prepared! It will be a total hoot.

Don't bypass the seatrout (or Specks) either. Totally different type of fight, but really fun too. I've never caught a snook. You'll be one up on me.

You are in for one fine time!!

Man I'm super stoked for the next two months!! Rick if you got some secret patterns for those reds man , Send them my way!!!

Glen, Gary, trust me dudes I will have a full detailed picture post when I get back!!!

Max, buddy you have it right on man!! BIGGER BETTER BADDER FISH BROTHA!!!!!

This year is going to be SICK!

Baby tarpon are fun to catch...all the jumping and action with only 1/4 of the battle and a much higher chance of actually landing one.

EDIT: This is what I'm talking about!

James

Dude I saw that vid a couple of months ago and when I saw that fly land and that tarpon crashed that fly I was all like "THAT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"!

that trip will be next year when I get a bigger rod for those bad boys! Those fish would probably crush my 8wt!

Dude I saw that vid a couple of months ago and when I saw that fly land and that tarpon crashed that fly I was all like "THAT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"!

that trip will be next year when I get a bigger rod for those bad boys! Those fish would probably crush my 8wt!

Yeah, that's a pretty good strike. Too bad the fish didn't jump so you could actually see how big it was. Yeah, an 8wt is a little light and would probably end up in more pieces than the manufacturer originally intended. Although, I knew a guy in Florida that would go after tarpon with an 8wt. Crazy if you ask me but this guy was GOOD and never broke a rod...at least that I saw. I wouldn't go out after big tarpon with less than a 10wt.