Fly Fusion Forums

Albino Moose

believe it or not I have seen an albino moose before. Up horsecreek road near Cochrane. No jokes it was about 8-9 years ago. there were 2 moose about the same age 2 years old is what I had figured...... wonder if he/she is still kickin around........ if it was a Bull I am sure I woulda heard about the trophy if he had been taken so I assume its still around

believe it or not I have seen an albino moose before. Up horsecreek road near Cochrane. No jokes it was about 8-9 years ago. there were 2 moose about the same age 2 years old is what I had figured...... wonder if he/she is still kickin around........ if it was a Bull I am sure I woulda heard about the trophy if he had been taken so I assume its still around

I seen a couple growing up back on the rock, and there are a *hit LOAD of moose on the rock, not to common to see an albino, cool to see in the summer, stick out like a sore thumb..

Haven't seen an albino moose yet,but I've seen a white mule buck three times this year near my place.It's not an albino as there is some light brown on its rump by the tail.Been trying to get some pics of him but can't quite get into range for my camera,closest I got was 75 yards in late october.Had to talk my friend out of wackin it with bow,give it a few years to grow and then go for him.The genetics are good for big bucks there and he seems to have the right stuff to grow a big rack.

Photo looks like an albino. A few years back we saw a lot of moose that looked albino but were suffering from the ticks. Only way to be srue is true albino will have pink eyes. Tick infested will have dark eyes and upon clos examination will have dark patches and a lot of scratch marks. Had one die on my place. If I had not been worried about the ticks I would have harvested some hair for flies since it was really white. Would have made great bucktails.