Fly Fusion Forums

Flies On Sale

Stopped by Hanson's at lunch today. They are clearing out their dry flies. I bought 2 dozen assorted Caddis and 2 dozen assorted humpys, yellow sallies, hoppers, and some other dries for $20 per two dozen. He had like 15 packages of caddis and I don't know how many of the other assorted. These usually go for like $2/fly I think, so nice deal.

TimEhh,

We are talking about a different quality of fly here. I buy from Wholesale sometimes as well, but these are a much better quality. Hanson's is clearing inventory.

Thought this was the same thread as the buying flies thread. Sorry rickr.

I understand that the flies at hanson's are tied on site so I'm sure the quality is very good. If you're looking for decent flies at a good price you can't go wrong with either Wholesale or CT. That said, I understand there a few sponsors on this board providing flies, it's always good to support them

Thought this was the same thread as the buying flies thread. Sorry rickr.

I understand that the flies at hanson's are tied on site so I'm sure the quality is very good. If you're looking for decent flies at a good price you can't go wrong with either Wholesale or CT. That said, I understand there a few sponsors on this board providing flies, it's always good to support them

TimEhh,

These flies are not tied at Hanson's. He buys them (as I believe most of the flies at the higher end shops do) from quality suppliers. <$1 a fly is a sweet deal on these.

I completely agree on the need to support the guys who advertise on the board. I've bought from Glenbow (for gifts) and loved them. I'll probably get a bunch from Ickyflyworks this spring when I need to stock up (until I get better, $2 a fly from the local shops is a bit pricey as often as I loose them).