Fly Fusion Forums

Boat Launch Construction

H2O

Drove by the Glenmore boat launch today and noticed the parking lot was dug up with several heavy equipment in operation. Anybody know what's going on there?

Also, anything happening at Policemen's Flat's yet? Would be great to be able to launch there in the spring.

Guest bigbadbrent

They have the berm back up at policemens, and looks like they're moving the launch further downstream, or at least the enterance to it

I drove by Policeman's last week just to see how it was comming along. Right now there are some barricades set up to block the entrance road from traffic. I walked in to see the new launch and it looks pretty much complete. I think a good spread of gravel on the new road and she looks good to go. The new launch also looks to be an improvement over th old launch but I guess I'll have to wait untill I can actually try to pull off the river to really see.

Murray

Thanks guys, that's great news with Policemen's!

Under glenmore? That is a new bridge expansion, so it can be 3 lanes all the way to 152 st or the edge of the city or something, its all part of that glenmore no lights to highway 8

Ya, under the bridge. So, I wonder what will happen with the launch? The circle road around from the ramp is all dug up now.