Fly Fusion Forums

Waders

Guest lookinforwalter

Guest lookinforwalter

Hey People,

I am in the market for some new waders. I am currently using a pair of Canadian Tire boot wader combo. They are to heavy, and i always feel restricted in them ( I swear it has nothing to do with grass :P ). Can anyone please reccomend what i should be upgrading too.

Thank you very much and Happy New Year to all.

For the past year i have had a pair of Hodgeman Breathables. They were only $120 when i bought them so i figured how bad could they be. What a mistake that was. They were great for the first few months but then started breaking holes on a monthly basis. I just ordered a pair of Simms G3 guide waders and am hoping those will be much better (from the feedback i have heard im sure they will). A friend of mine has a pair of patagonia waders and really likes those. Either way i think would be a great choice.

I run with Simms waders mine are 5 seasons old and still going strong(they don't have mine any more but the new ones look great)

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/g3_guide_...ngfoots_s8.html

And I have Simms Freestone boots that lasted me 5 seasons before the felt wore right off then my Bro bought me a new pair for Xmas :D and in Feb it looks like they are coming out with a new Freestone

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/freestone..._boot_felt.html

If you're budget constrained, try the Wardells from Springbrook. I've had two pairs and they stand up to a lot of use and abuse. Wading boots, I've had a couple of pairs of Chotas, and they're good except for a some shrinkage as they age. You just have to wet them in the sink before heading out if they've dried out between trips. If I had the cash, I'd love to try some Simms though.