Fly Fusion Forums

Police Outpost Lake

adc

Hey Harps.........I have other motives B) gotta say I like my flowing water full of fish and the banks devoid of fisher people :D

I figured as much... how about a push for a decent lake near the CNP?

Island for big cutts? Lees, better access to Phillips?

The ultimate would be if the Oldman Reservoir could be managed to support a population of big lake run cutthroats and to have Bull trout restocked into Crowsnest Lake... Fishing would be amazing!

Cheers,

The news about Police Outpost is great -- I'll be spending some time there next spring for sure. Beyond that, I think it is outstanding that SRD has heard the voice of reason from the "quality fishery" crowd. This is an incremental process, and I think ADC, dryfly, and all the others who moved this proposal along, have taken a step that goes well beyond Police Outpost. Thanks very much guys. Terry

There are BIG fish in there already my dads friend pulled out a five pounder last week and several 3 to 4 all over 20". All made it back to their home under the ice. I love that lake glad to hear about the new regs. I've been fishing there since i was three and my uncle was the CO there 25 years ago. It's had ups and downs but every trip worth it. Glad the winter harvest is going to end it is a total meat market.

I can remember fishing at Police in the early 80's. There were some very nice fish caught back then. Oh my gawd I'm sounding like an old man now. Oh well I suppose I've earned a few grey wiskers over the years. I haven't been down to fish Police in years. I suppose I'll have to make a few trips down there and check it out.

Cheers,

Rob

There's some big fish in it. Few and far between right now, but that'll soon change :lol:

This spring in a 200 fish day, I managed one of 28", one 26", 2 @ 24", and a few in the 18-22" range. That was a physco productive day (no wind, calm, warm) in late May. All were released. Believe it or not...I never got another chance to fish it this year.... :o

explored a few other honey holes around here though :lol::P

Can't wait to fish it again!

Guest bigbadbrent
There's some big fish in it. Few and far between right now, but that'll soon change :lol:

Especially with posts like that :P