michel921

post-1715-1198074500.jpg

CapeBSalar

post-973-1198092451.jpg

Hydropsyche

SadieSpecial2.jpg

LoneFisher

P1010065.jpg

*NOTE*...this will be the last contest for '07 with the next one kicking in after the new year...with the new year comes some minor changes to level things out on the playing field but i will get into those later...for now, enjoy the patterns and have a Merry Christmas...:)

Sorry it didn't seem to be moving much before but I see that some more votes have been cast. Either way there is 5 different stlyes of steelhead/salmon fly in this contest and they are all pretty damn well tyed and great examples of their style. I voted for cape b as his wings are amazing and likely make his fly the most difficult tie...... That said hydros is stunning........ If we want to continue the voting I am ok with that..... Or maybe we should redo this genre sometime when more people are able to enter and vote ect. We could even break it down into more specific styles. In any rate win or lose I am more then happy with the votes I did manage to get and with 5 flys like that there is no loser in the bunch.

Just on a quick side note Michel921 I love that fly its a great example of what you can do with synthetics while still maintaining the generaly excepted form of that type of fly, and having a natural looking tie. I often steer clear of to many synthetics simply because I find it hard to make the fly have that natural feel. But you caught it. Bet its a great fishing fly as well with all that sparkle