Fly Fusion Forums

Calgary Fish Markets

PlayDoh

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has some Recommendations for specific places to buy fresh fish? I love it all, except the price usually. My grandparents lived in Florida and OMG, $5 for a bag of shrimp, or lobster lunch.....Mmmmm.

I'd like to get a nice trout, and talk to a nice Monger about where its from if possible. Its been forever since I had anything other then Salmon, and oddly enough I've never even looked for a place myself until now. I cant even remember the place I used to get lobster from its been that long.

I had a friend who sent me some smoked salmon in the mail a couple times from Kitimat, but I'm going to see if she could send me frozen salmon. Anyone know the details of Mailing fish? Is there regulations for it?

don't remember the name but theres a good place on Edmonton trail N around 10-12th I guess..hav'nt been there in years, but they had the best hailbut. and i second TNT & boyd's as well .. those are your best bets, (that i know about) .. considering where you are, its the best you'll get in town..If your in the Olds area check out Oceans Alive .. great stuff, great prices.

Guest Sundancefisher

I would suggest going on a discounted fishing trip to the Queen Charlottes... While there catch your limit, get it vacuum packaged and flash frozen... It will last for years and taste just as good as the day you got it. If you fish well it will pay for your trip and it is great fun to boot. Like going grocery shopping at the ocean for 5 days.