Fly Fusion Forums

Visit To Calgary

Folks,

Dermot, the owner of the Rathcon fishery I use is heading your way next week and staying in Calgary for Christmas and New Year with his wife's parents. Yup, he married a Calgary girl this year!

Anyway or anyhoo, he is looking to pick up some tackle when he is there and possibly go ice fishing if he can get away from the festivities.

Can you folks recommend some good tackle shops so he can go blow his wad in them and anywhere he can go to try ice fishing?

I will forward any details as long as they are in by the end of the week as he is leaving on Saturday with his missus.

Thanks in advance.

Guest bigbadbrent

Tons of shops

Westwinds

Country Pleasures

Bow River Troutfitters

Fish Tales

Wholesale Sports

Fishin' Hole

Hanson's

Russells

and i still think i'm missing some

Folks,

Dermot, the owner of the Rathcon fishery I use is heading your way next week and staying in Calgary for Christmas and New Year with his wife's parents. Yup, he married a Calgary girl this year!

Anyway or anyhoo, he is looking to pick up some tackle when he is there and possibly go ice fishing if he can get away from the festivities.

Can you folks recommend some good tackle shops so he can go blow his wad in them and anywhere he can go to try ice fishing?

I will forward any details as long as they are in by the end of the week as he is leaving on Saturday with his missus.

Thanks in advance.

If he gets lucky and hits a chinook (very warm temps), the fly fishing on the bow can be fantastic. I'm sure someone here, possible myself depending on what my wife tells me my schedule is) would love to show him the river.