Fly Fusion Forums

Twisted Sister

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I must be getting old. I used to love Twisted Sister as a kid but I could barely handle listening to the whole song. I still think I like them...just lost my heavy metal tolerance I guess.

I always like reminising about the golden oldies of the 1970's, 1980's etc.

I must be getting old. I used to love Twisted Sister as a kid but I could barely handle listening to the whole song. I still think I like them...just lost my heavy metal tolerance I guess.

I always like reminising about the golden oldies of the 1970's, 1980's etc.

Y'know what your problem is?

You're worthless and weak!!!

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

Every now and then I find myself listening to them on the radio and I'm shocked after about a minute that I actually know the words to a lot of their songs and that I have been singing along the whole time. Kind of sad when I think about it....I wasn't but a small child when they were making music. It's amazing to think how metal has changed over the years...I wouldn't even call Twisted Sister "metal", maybe hair metal or something like that.

Guest Sundancefisher
Every now and then I find myself listening to them on the radio and I'm shocked after about a minute that I actually know the words to a lot of their songs and that I have been singing along the whole time. Kind of sad when I think about it....I wasn't but a small child when they were making music. It's amazing to think how metal has changed over the years...I wouldn't even call Twisted Sister "metal", maybe hair metal or something like that.

True

The term heavy metal took a giant leap away from Twisted Sister in many respects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs37NSLy3z4

Gotta love the video! WORTHLESS AND WEAK!!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANNA DO WITH YOUR LIFE? I WANNA FISH....

WERE NOT GOING TAKE IT!

Man I bet their hair would make great streamer flies...

I haven't seen that in years. I love the Pete Townsend "bowling" moves the kid makes with the guitar. Too much. I have a really good friend from the Navy that knew those guys back in Long Island. Said they were just a kick. My favorite with "Neidermeyer" was "I Wanna Rock". They dressed funny, but they sure were fun.

My son's Social homework tonite is to write lyrics (on Sustainable Development, which should be fun) to any song. One of the kids in his project group plays guitar, and they picked "All Right Now" by Free. So I looked for it on Youtube and got this:

This was made back in 1969, only 12 yrs or so before Twisted Sister. I find it amazing how simple it was in 69, compared to all the production value from Twisted Sister. If you go to the link, check out the Slash/Brian May with Paul Rogers doing the same song sometime in the 90s. Interesting comparisons.

Edit:

I also found this by Brian May (stupid YouTube!) showing how he used delays. Unrelated, but I'm bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bM_gyWbPZs...feature=related

I work at HMV and I've only seen that record purchased by a couple of 40year-old-ish ladies who were giggling in embarrassment when they asked for it. On a slightly related note the Josh Groban Christmas album is flying off the shelves; why anyone wants to hear that dude turn Christmas classics into boring overdone crap is beyond me. His voice sounds like a funeral.

Guest bigbadbrent

Snakeman,

any idea if they have the Sigur Ros: Heima dvd there

desperate to get my hands on it, looks to be one of the sweetest 'movies' of this year...and its Sigur Ros, so u can't go wrong

Guest bigbadbrent
And of course, what would music in the 90's be without Rage Against the Machine. I shed a tear when these guys broke up in 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4

Not metal but still one of my all-time favourites.

-James

I'd have to agree...i would have done unspeakable things to be at their reunion concert this year..

Snakeman,

any idea if they have the Sigur Ros: Heima dvd there

desperate to get my hands on it, looks to be one of the sweetest 'movies' of this year...and its Sigur Ros, so u can't go wrong

Yeah man, I work at the Signal Hill store and we have at least a half-dozen. I'd assume that most HMV's will have it in stock.