Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing Instead Of Fishcreek?

Guest bigbadbrent

Ton's of spots, fish creek is just the most convenient.

Can go to Policemans Flats, Mack Flats, Carseland, Southland Dog Park, Glenmore bridge

anywhere there is access, there will be fish, winter is just tougher to find em

Is there a speical fly rod and reel for winter fishing? Or is it the same as summer fishing? If I use the one I have / got this summer will I ruin it? Will the line crack?

Thank-you.

in answer to the other question. i use the same rods, reels and lines year round. no cracks in the fly line yet, but i also dont fly fish that much in the winter. just dont leave your wet icy gear in the vehicle when it's -20. take it inside, get it warm, dry and cleaned up

you should be golden.

you could also try the southland dog park or enter from carburn park in river bend or the far east end of 46th SE below the other sewage treatment plant

Keep in mind that the edworthy area isn't open right now. Check the regs before heading out!

nope it opened on the first.

from Bearspaw Dam downstream to Western Headworks Diversion (W.H.D.) Weir (including the Elbow River below Glenmore Reservoir).

CLOSED Apr. 1 to May 31 and Oct. 1 to Nov. 30

June 1 to Sept. 30 and Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30.